Reviving mechanics

Am i the only one who think that they should do something with the reviving mechanics. The fact that you need to aim to make the UI prompt appears is very annoying. It’s probably not a problem on PC but on console i think they should try someting like in the division with a green circle on the floor and when you’re in the circle juste make the UI prompt pops and that’s it.

3 Likes

It use to be when you were close to the target. Now I just lag everywhere when trying to revive.

I think there is some issues with it. I’ve had situations where I couldn’t revive someone because the prompt didn’t show up.

Honestly, I do feel they should take the revive mechanic from Destiny and apply it here. Let me just get close enough.

Hitbox for revive is too small, thats the problem i think.

5 Likes

Or there to close to a drop and you accidentally pick up that weapon

Or they get second wind and you accidentally propose a trade

Or your cursor is right on them, no prompt

Or they just keep moving and cancel the revive

5 Likes

It can be ridiculously hard to revive people sometimes, especially with all the knockback moves enemies have.

3 Likes

It’s definitely one of the top 5 problems with the game for me. Hitbox is too small for the prompt. Just about get someone up and get hit with a knockback. Also people won’t stop moving. People…as soon as you see a green bar start up, stop moving!

2 Likes

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

2 Likes

Dear Gearbox: This is still an issue. This should not still be an issue. Please try to fix this issue.
@joechung thanks for the update. I honestly missed that loveletter.
@farnaud it definitely is a problem on PC

1 Like

They’re working on it. They mentioned it in the Community Love Letter back in February:

Fight for Your Life is a big part of the co-op experience, and we’ve identified a few ways we’d like to improve the system. Specifically, we are looking at increasing the interaction radius between players, telegraphing revives to other players more clearly, and allowing multiple players to contribute to a revive. We expect to have this available in March.

They slipped their estimated date of delivery, but that’s understandable given the current world situation.

3 Likes

Yes looking for that revive button on dying player is a pain.
Second. I really wish GBX would implement revive mechanic similar to Destiny games: shooting while reviving and getting 2 sec overshield upon revive.

1 Like

Really hoping this is still on the roadmap, we lost a few million tonight cause we didn’t see a partner get downed.

Came here to say this. I can imagine it’s still on the road map somewhere. But I for one expected it to already be done. Seems the current focus is more more more. More content, more events. Understandable with current events I suppose.

1 Like

It was supposed to be in the recent patch unless it’s in the dlc patch on Tuesday. Tonight in the new takedown we couldn’t even see each other’s nametags in game. On pc.

We have tested reviving and there is definitely an improvement. The person being revived is slowed so they can’t run off, the distance you need to be to revive has been increased and revive time is noticeably shorter when multiple people revive the same team-mate.

Actually finding the hitbox is still a little fiddly. A suggestion would also be to have the team-mate have some sort of glow to make them easier to spot amongst the increasing visual pollution. When someone is down they can be hard to find sometimes.

2 Likes

It’s still a little weird, but ok overall much, MUCH better!

Omg, when my friend had their pet reviving them and I joined in, it was sooo fast

1 Like