Reyna build help

Just picked her up yesterday for the first time and LOVE her; kicked Miko out on their boring Eldrid ass (side question: does Miko even HAVE an ass?). Anyways, any advice on helix and gear choices, tips and tricks, etc. would be appreciated!

1 Like

The first 3 lvls shield those who are in danger.
Priority target above ppls head to avoid minions.
Save priority target for -50% health enemies or they will flee.

Skill dmg, heal power and cd and awesome for rescuer reyna.

Reaload, attack speed and power for attacker reyna.

Never stay alone anywhere… You are more dependant of your team than miko.

Bubleshield is awesome for push away enemies if your teamate is being ganged and protect minions who are shreding the sentry.

Edit: her helix change depending on party confi and enemy team.

http://battlebornforum.com/pages/battleborn-helix-build-editor-reyna/?rows=-1,-1,0,-1,-1,0,1,1,1,0,

2 Likes

Try this for ultimate support. swap the free’s for ones with cost if you like. since you have really low cooldowns anyway you can spam bubbles out like crazy. I myself am not a reyna main, but I am trying to learn her too. I saw this build on an enemy once and thought it was cool so there it is.

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

2 Likes

Thanks for for the tips. How do you feel about her legendary (which i’ve yet to use)? Is the healing worth it?

I currently have a shard generator, a purple magazine with health regen secondary, and the Symbiotic Gaultlet. I’m wondering if her legendary is worth trading out the damage for, because she honestly feels strong enough with the primary and secondary damage helixes, and the homing and damage increase on Priority Target.

@Nemosis327, first off: Screw your damn Deande last night, haha! Second, is her legendary worth taking? I also feel that her cooldowns are short enough, though i will give that build a shot, minus the wrench (i don’t care for 'em). Is Reyna not affected by negative skill damage?

It used to, not anymore imo. Ppl dont stay still and its heal power is low like 60 and it overheat unless you get the helix of no overheat when over shielded but if u go homing plasma pulse you better deal dmg than heal a lame amount.

Skill dmg reduce her priority target dmg and healing on overshield. If you dont care about any of those, then go for it.

1 Like

Ah. Thank you for clearing that up. I’ll avoid it then.

I DO care about the healing (as i am usually the only healer on my team, so it helps), but regarding the damage of priority target… Does skill damage only affect the IMPACT DAMAGE, or the DAMAGE TAKEN INCREASE as well? If the latter, then i’d probably increase skill damage, as the homing gaultlet shots are how i secure the majority of my kills as people flee. Otherwise, i’d probably just focus on cooldown instead, for spamming healing overshields.

I’m pretty sure that skill damage does not effect the damage amp debuff, but I didn’t think it affected healing on overshield either. That is news to me. She is pretty much the only one I will run negative skill damage with.

Sorry to contradict, but please don’t use skill damage. Slight assistance on one skill is not worth shard gen for levelling

Only this

I recommend shard gen, cooldown (all of this), and heal power or reload speed. The way you build her mostly depends, but I highly reccomend mid at nine. Having priority target up permanently is amazing if used right, and can even help if you need to wave clear for whatever hellish reason

2 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up. So you’sld say that the Firmware Update is a must on her then, i assume? So that, a shard generator, and a reload speed or heal power gear item.

What would you say is the better lvl. 10 helix; overshields for all, or moving ward?

1 Like

DPS Reyna is best Reyna. Shard Generator, Hidden Charger, and an attack damage item, maybe an Eldrid AD+MH after surviving. Third item is really up to you, could be a +Shield Capacity item, but Hidden Charger is just the best. Firmware Update as said above is also great.

For helices I go Left, Left, Left, Left, Left, Left (or sometimes middle if the enemy team is very CC heavy), Left, Left, Left, Middle. Left at level 10 is meh because shield capacity isn’t that big of a deal (unless the enemy team has a full tank S&A). Middle is much more useful because it also applies all the extra buffs from her Shield booster skill, heals and whatnot. Really useful for pushing sentries.

1 Like

@HandsomeCam impact dmg, i have got a lot of runners that way.

Minute 4:49

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! I got a lot of stuff to try out when i play tonight. Oh, and i killed a Kelvin by warding him off the edge in Capture Temples; second best kill EVER.

1 Like

I just want to clear up something in this post:

Skill damage (both buffs and debuffs) affects the following things on Reyna:

• Priority Target impact damage
  • Health healing provided from her level 4 helix “Vital Protocol”

This means that -SD gear WILL reduce her healing given. This also means that stacking heal power and skill damage will maximize your health healing from that level 4 helix. Note that the level 1 shield helix and level 6 overshield helix are static, and do not scale with levels or gear. Her base overshield will scale with levels and nothing more.

As for gear, this means that there are NO flawed pieces of gear in the game that will not negatively impact Reyna. However, there are some negatives that are less bad than others, namely, Critical Hit Damage (you aren’t dealing much damage, nor are you hitting a surplus of crits) and Shield Recharge Delay (You are already shielding yourself, and honestly, this isn’t a terribly negative stat to take on shielded characters anyways, since an extra second out of combat isn’t really that bad anyways. I’ve been taking this on a free reload for Benedict for a while and haven’t really noticed it at all).

2 Likes

Thank you, this is EXACTLY what i wanted to know regarding vital protocol. Skill damage and cooldown it is!

1 Like

You might be better off taking Heal Power, since it is higher statted than Skill Damage, and there is a Cooldown piece that comes with secondary Heal Power. The impact damage of priority target isn’t exactly that great, and it isn’t what you use the skill for anyways.

2 Likes

Uh… Yeah; that’s what i meant! You can’t prove otherwise!

Oh Deande. Too op.

Reyna is affected by negative skill damage but only on priority mark. And you don’t use that for damage anyway so negative skill is the way to go if you want free stuff

1 Like

100% moving. Especially with the duration that comes with it

Triple kill for mid Thralls was my best in my Reyna hey day

1 Like

Please consult my post 4 comments up from yours on why this is incorrect.

2 Likes

There is a video… Showing how her legendary works, how skill dmg buff her Oshield healing and how healing increase her legendary healing.