Reyna Means 'Queen' In Spanish

So, as I have recently been playing through Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands (not the greatest or most original game, but I’ve been really enjoying it, even if only for exploring the rich, lush, varied, gorgeous Bolivian landscapes of the game), I have found myself using google translate for a lot of the Spanish dialogue you encounter in the game.

There is one radio broadcast where the DJ (a really funny guy, actually one of the stronger components of the game) talks about how he and his homeboys all have their “reyna’s” name tattooed on various body parts.

So…uh…yeah.

Just a neat little tidbit!

@gunzerkus “reina” apparently means “try” in Icelandic.

3 Likes

Yes, Rey is King and Reyna is Queen.

3 Likes

@fabianottofu

Very cool, thanks!

1 Like

Yep. I had a dog named Reyna for 14 years, who passed away a couple years ago. Adopted her as a puppy from a spanish family.

5 Likes

@HandsomeCam

Sorry to hear that, Cam!

2 Likes

Eh. Such is life.

2 Likes

Reina = Queen, Reyna is probably a play on words maybe.

3 Likes

Oh, so “Reina” is the correct spelling?

@akumakuro4004

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how my dog’s name was spelled, thank you! I couldn’t f*cking remember it, because i only ever needed to call it, you know? No habla Espanol!

Except that…

1 Like

Yep it is, like Rey is King in spanish, Principe is Prince and Princesa is Princess.

1 Like

Nah no te preocupes Cam el Espanol es un lenguaje confuso :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can READ Spanish, because so many words read similarly to English:

Confusing

Language

Preoccupied?

Blah blah, Cam, Spanish is a confusing language!

Also, don’t try insulting Toby, because i know “pinguino” too, haha!

3 Likes

“Nah, don’t worry, Cam, Spanish is a confusing language.”

Source: I’m Mexican. And it really is confusing.

2 Likes

@Iron_Volvametal

So is English!

1 Like

The biggest thing for me is the gender assignment; it just makes me go :upside_down:

2 Likes

Fun facts:

I have a friend that can read and speak the Spanish he is reading without knowing what it means. I can do the same with written Japanese.

Oh and I can say the alphabet backwards. In like 5 seconds

1 Like

@skeksis_SYL

Sorry, I found your post a bit confusingly worded.

Does your friend know Spanish?

Do you know Japanese?

Ah that’s my bad.

No. Neither of us know it beyond a few words here and there. We just know how to pronounce the words we see written

1 Like