Rip farming the chest in cistern of slaughter for the red chest event

it was a bug when the game dropped and had been patched. The Red Chest event erased the invisible door to the chests.

I’m on P4 and normally it takes a specific time before the Red Chests refresh. The special event was supposed to make the refresh quicker. When the event started last week, some of my VHs were able to farm the chests after quit, others had to wait. On Monday, ALL of my VHs have to wait days for refresh.

The main thing I take away from this topic… and thank you, to the OP, for bringing it up… is not whether the glitch in question was legitimate, intended, or beneficial to the game, but at how insanely fast it was patched by GBX after it was publicized, following the beginning of the red chest event.

It’s absolutely staggering given some of the outstanding issues that people have been talking about on this forum since the game came out, that they are able to, lightning fast, address a glitch like this. It would be great to see some of that energy being spent reviewing issues that are discussed on this forum by players and addressing them with the same fervor.

6 Likes

I’ve never seen this though. I open a red chest, reset the game, come back, the chest is closed. Always. I’ve never had a chest remain open after resetting my game.

Xbox Amara BTW.

1 Like

the white chests always refresh on restart but now the Red Ones after a time. The weird thing is last weekend, the Red Ones were refreshing like crazy.

Oddly enough this YouTube vid just came out regarding the issues with red chest cooldown rates and some possible fixes.

3 Likes

Yea I’m not talking about white chests. I’m talking about red chests. People say this is a thing but I’ve never seen it, and I’ve never had a friend mention it to me when playing (who all play different characters). The red chests are always closed.

1 Like

The chests in the droughts always reset for me on restart. the one by Sylestro & Atomic, and the one in Reliance do not.

2 Likes

Are they generous, though?
Why are so many people trading and buying items?

Maybe they should just “play the game” as well. Or maybe play the game they way the developers want them to play it.

what was the thing even?

There are easier red-chests to get to I imagine?

If the thing was that you could access the red-chest that was meant to be ‘the reward’ for completing the slaughter without even starting it, then it seems very logical that they patch it…

And if you think that they patch it ‘just because it is a thing you are farming now’ then you must somehow learn that the universe doesn’t resolve around you :).

Quite a few bosses have a red-chest near them, so farming the boss always opens a red-chest (which pretty much also gives you guaranteed 2+ world drops legendaries even if the boss drops zero).

I also don’t get what’s the deal with ‘a chest cooldown’, because you normally save-quit anyway and the chests are always available directly after that.

I was fearming KillaVolt, and every run I now open the red-chest that’s right there with him when you kill him. And everytime I get legendaries in it. Same for the red-chest near Sky Bullies for example.

Maybe they did the red-chest even to get people away from the boss-runs and into the other levels again :).

1 Like

I have no problem with them patching this because it was an obvious glitch.

Some of what you’re saying isn’t correct for everyone though. Sure, quite a few bosses have a red chest near them, such as Gigamind. However, the big issue here is that the red chests aren’t resetting after quitting and starting again. There’s a cooldown timer in game that keeps the red chests from resetting until after a specific amount of in game time. I was farming Gigamind for a while last night and after the first kill, the red chest was no longer available to open. I killed him about 10 times and the red chest never reset.

This is the issue that people are complaining about, especially since it’s not happening to everyone.

6 Likes

I play on P4 and the Red Chests are not refreshing. I played last night and all the chests that I opened on Wednesday (on a various VHs) are still open… the event is broken.

3 Likes

In some respects I agree with the OP.

Sure, some gltiches are easier to fix than others. But do those other glitches/bugs have to take 4 months to fix?

I was so-so with the red glitch farming because most of what I need is already in my current build. I can solo Cistern with 3 people in AFK. I was enjoying more blowing out enemies instead in this map.

I tried farming (chest glitch I mean) it 5x and got bored with it.

2 Likes

the big issue here is that the red chests aren’t resetting after quitting and starting again. There’s a cooldown timer in game that keeps the red chests from resetting until after a specific amount of in game time. I was farming Gigamind for a while last night and after the first kill, the red chest was no longer available to open. I killed him about 10 times and the red chest never reset.

ahh… that sucks… and kinda scary that there is something like that. It was kind of relaxing knowing that whatever happened in game, a save & quit would always fix it (like NPCs getting stuck and missions not progressing, etc…).

Guess I’m lucky.

2 Likes

doesn’t matter anyway , farming boss are better anyway .
no 49 bs drop for boss

1 Like

for me and many others the red chest either don’t close upon save and quit or they have a cool down of anywhere from 20 mins to days. I know when I farm bosses the red chest that spawns after killing them is there every other kill,not every kill like some others report.

1 Like

This has happened to me a bunch, but the Rakk usually “pulls out” somehow if I run all the way to the elevator and then back to it, so I’ve never had to reset it.

But as for the red chest “nerf,” I’d say good on them for fixing it. Granted, I understand where people are coming from about how quickly they responded to this whereas some technical aspects haven’t been addressed properly.

On the other hand, I usually get dreadful drops from that chest anyway lol

2 Likes

I’ve been farming Borman Nates and the red chest on the bridge, soooo many legendaries. I’ve run out of vault space again, but, I did get everything left that I needed for my FL4K radiation build.

1 Like