Unless there’s a plan to let players gain legendaries during PvP matches, I expect quite sad PvP queue times the next weekend.
It’s not like queue times aren’t sad already, but the PvE-only event might cause players grind the legendaries in Story Mode and forget the Versus Mode for its entirety during the weekend.
Are you going to play PvP during Lootpocalypse?
- Yes! PvE can go home. PvP is where the fun’s at.
- Might try a few PvE runs, but will still mostly play PvP.
- I will spend most of the time on PvE, with few PvP matches.
- No PvP at all. Gotta catch 'em all oranges.
But wait, there’s more! The effects of insane legendary drops will ripple through the spacetime for more than a few weekend days. Take a look at this short yet brilliant post by @burningamd :
This is a genuine concern. If everyone is going to get hundreds of legendaries, they will want to use them in PvP matches. Given the ridiculous price of 1800 shards for each of them, you can basically say goodbye to the hope of your teammates building turrets or giant minions.
So here’s another question for you…
How many legendary gear pieces do you (plan to) use in PvP?
- Three. I wish I could activate more of them!
- Two at most. Three would be too expensive.
- One at most. Rest of shards is for building.
- Zero. A waste of shards for too little effect.