WELCOME TO “RIPLEY’S INTERACTIVE STORIES”
The aim of this topic is really quite simple. I’ve decided to write out a story-line that, over the course of five or so parts, tells a complete story, but the twist is that it’s interactive. You get to choose how the story is shaped and how it turns out – like a video game. I’ve likened this topic as a “Tales from the Battleborn” type story.
If you’re new here, check below for SEASON ONE: GALILEA’S SECRET ADMIRER or jump forward to the latest season, SEASON TWO: BEATRIX AND THE BEAST OF TEMPEST.
“Who is Galilea’s Secret Admirer?”
The last thing angry, self-loathing Galilea wants are love letters — and that’s exactly what she keeps getting. Love letters. Love letters, soppy holo-drama recommendations and weird gifts. She’d be lying if she wasn’t flattered, however — but this is Galilea we’re talking about! Galilea needs to find someone who will help her track down this secret admirer so she can stop blushing once and for all!
Part One: Prologue.
Galilea’s room. Nova.
Galilea pulls a piece of paper from underneath her door and immediately throws it into the trashcan. She knew what it was, a yet another holo-soap recommendation that she would never watch. But curiosity gets the better of her and she takes a quick glance at the recommendation, which reads ‘MY GIRLFRIEND IS A VARELSI’.
Galilea had no notion watching it and wish whoever was sending her these recommendations would just stop. At least it wasn’t another bouquet of flowers. She hates flowers, especially considering they make her sneeze and make her eyes all puffy and red.
She pops back onto bed and goes back to sleep… for all about a minute, if that. She looks over at the trashcan. What if the recommendation is actually, you know, good, like the other twenty other holo-dramas? It was pretty apparent whoever was sending these recommendations had a surprisingly good taste in all things soppy. Galilea twists on her bed onto the other side, towards the wall and closes her eyes… but she can’t… she just can’t let it go… she goes over to the trashcan, picks it up, opens her door (where a bouquet of flowers leans against it) and puts it outside.
Afterward, Galilea closes the door and leans against it with a contented sigh. Maybe she can get some extra sleep now. She lies on her bed again and closes her eyes with a small smile on her — but wouldn’t you know, Galilea opens her eyes yet again.
She goes over to the door, takes the recommendation out of the trashcan and notices another piece of paper is stapled to the flowers. She plucks it off and reads the love letter, which was written in fancy writing and thick black ink (and yes, there are clues in this letter):
“HELLO MY LOVE, HERE IS ANOTHER RECOMMENDATION I CAME ACROSS. I NOTICED YOU LOOKED AWFULLY UPSET YESTERDAY SO I THOUGHT THIS WOULD CHEER YOU UP. I LIKE TO IMAGINE YOU AND I WATCHING THIS, CUDDLED UP IN EACH OTHER’S ARMS. I LIKE TO THINK I’M THE VARELSI IN THIS RELATIONSHIP OF OURS. I THINK YOU WILL LIKE THIS TOO. CHECK IT OUT.
***YOUR SECRET ADMIRER <3”***
Galilea looks at it for a moment and not one to let a silly letter stop her from getting any extra sleep, decides to type the recommended holo-drama into her console.
She angerily watches the opening credits.
She sits, arms folded over her armor, and frowns.
Galiliea was not letting the emotionally manipulative music open her cold, purple(?) heart, for Galilea was hellbent on not liking one… single… two hours later, Galiliea is in tears. That wasn’t just one of the most beautiful, deeply romantic shows she had ever watched… but perhaps the best recommendation this stranger had given her. She hated every bit of it, of course, but it did make her feel, perhaps for the first time in mere months, good about herself.
Galilea knew she had to get to the bottom of this, to find out who was sending these (good/romantic/really cute) recommendations and love letters and gifts and the flowers she couldn’t smell but, man, she adored the colors of them!
She knew a couple of people who could take the evidence she had and find out who is doing this. But she didn’t know who would be best suited for this sort of thing… could you help Galilea decide?
- Choice one: ISIC. Galilea takes the evidence to ISIC who is a self-confessed ‘blood poet’ whatever the f*** that is. If voted, ISIC becomes Galilea’s personal detective and will help her find out who is sending these gifts. Whether he kills them or not is, you know… debatable?
- Choice Two: OSCAR MIKE: Galilea takes the evidence to Oscar Mike who is really intent on helping her out. He may say it’s because she’s a fellow UPR but in reality it’s because he’s wracked with soul-crushing loneliness and eternal despair. He promises to be stealthy and discreet, both traits he does not have. Can Galilea really trust Oscar Mike to find out who is sending these gifts?
- Choice Three: SHAYNE AND AUROX: Shayne and Aurox could help Galilea find out who is sending these gifts, that is if they can agree on things like whether or not to trademark their “Team Detectives” name. They need a break, and this could be it. Aurox disagrees and says this is a case that could go over her head.
- Choice Four: BEATRIX: Yes, there is a choice to get Galilea to go to Beatrix, the self-confessed ‘love doctor’, to head the investigation. Vote for this if you want this seemingly innocent story to go full-on Twin Peaks.
- Choice Five: BOLDUR: Ha! Boldur knows love! If love is hitting things with axe, then he definitely knows it, ha haa! Boldur will help Galilea find out who is sending these creepy gifts to her, even if he seems to have completely missed the point of the whole thing.
DEADLINE: Votes end on Saturday 8th/Sunday 9th?. Any vote after that are invalid.
VOTING: One vote only. HOWEVER, multiple choices will be available later on.
– If there is a tiebreak, BOTH options go, including this one.
– If one choice is overwhelming, then the deadline won’t matter. I’ll write the next part of the story. Deadlines are just to give the post and this topic time.
REMEMBER: Your choice will have a profound impact on the ongoing story. Telltales say this and somehow nothing actually changes. But trust me that this story WILL change.
LENGTH: They won’t get any longer than this. Some posts will be short; it all depends on where the choice is.
FEEDBACK: I need feedback. Do you like it, do you think I’m hella rad, etc.
NEXT TIME’S STORYLINE:
Galilea gives the evidence to [blank] as they sort through the love letters, gifts etc as they try to find clues from them. Will they succeed? Who knows.