Early Access Patch (Build ID #3830295)
Welcome to all the new players who have picked up RoR 2 in the last couple weeks, we are glad to have you join the community!
In this patch we are adding full localization support! We now have official translations for Portuguese, Korean, Russian, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Turkish, and Japanese.
These can be enabled by Right-clicking on “Risk of Rain 2” in your Steam Library and going to the language tab at the top. Select from the dropdown what language you want to start the game in and hit close.
There are also bug fixes associated with this patch below:
==== Bug Fixes ====
- Director no longer stops spawning monsters late in the game
- Director logic in selecting/skipping monsters to spawn has been cleaned up
- Reorganize fall damage code to try to fix issues with the server reporting false fall damage hits
- Fix an issue where every item pickup saved immediately to disk, causing a stutter
- Picking up new equipment with Gesture of the Drowned no longer fires every frame
- Fix bosses and monsters sometimes spawning behind closed gates on Wetland Aspect
- Game now launches with 60 fps cap on by default to help with certain GPUs. This can be turned off in the settings.
- Fix pings occasionally having weird scaling issues
- Pinging monsters is now more precise
- Fix Imp Overlord’s void spikes not having their proc coefficient properly assigned. This means that you will bleed and burn for a longer duration from that attack.
- Losing max shields now properly removes extra shield
- Fix networking of objective panel display for clients on the Gilded Coast
- Dramatically improve performance for specific canvases (Character Select, Main Menu, etc)
- Revise UI texts to support localization efforts
○ Fix alignment issue in Game End Panel’s class
○ Fix wrapping issue in Objective panel for long objectives
○ Add lots of missing token strings into files to aid translations
○ Fix wrapping issue in title screen buttons
○ Fix wrong style for Prismatic Trial buttons
○ Fix wrapping issues in settings buttons
○ Fix truncation issue in logbook names
○ Fix ~40 other wrapping and styling issues prevalent in different languages
As a reminder, we have also been hard at work internally on our Content Update this June - we hope to share news with you soon!