Run mod local in windows 10

I have forgotten the syntax to run mod local… create icon, add to target yada yada, but i can not get it to work, nor have a found a good example. Can someone point me in the correct direction?

I was trying to follow this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398897438
I lost my hard drive on the computer i already had the icon set for years ago.

It is tedious to upload to steam workshop after every tweak. :wink:

This is my current target line:
G:\Games\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe -moddatapath Vaygr_m8_hangarMOD -overridebigfile

Pretty sure it needs to have quotes, even though there are no spaces in the path “G:…exe”

Can someone post their mod shortcut so I can see by example?

Here is what I have:

G:\Games\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe -overridebigfile -luatrace -moddatapath HomeworldRM\Vaygr_m8_hangarMOD

Here is my mod location:

G:\Games\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Vaygr_m08_hangarMOD

I put quotes in it, but the quotes do not persist on save. When i reopen the shortcut the quotes are gone.

I use this one:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe” -overrideBigFile -moddatapath MODFOLDERNAMEINHOMEWORLDRMFOLDER -luatrace -tracehods -nomovies -hardwarecursor

I can not get quotes in mine to save. Nor is this line working to load the mod.

G:\Games\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe -overridebigfile -moddatapatrh Vaygr_m08_hangarMOD -luatrace

There’s a typo in your command line.

1 Like

That was it… now is there a way to delete this post? No point in it anymore.

Issue was solved while I was typing this up, but posting anyway for future people searching for similar issues:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe -moddatapath hwrc\data nomovies -luatrace -fakeFullscreen -tracehods

Moddatapath is relative to your HomeworldRM directory. So in your case you do indeed only Vaygr_m08_hangarMOD. Make sure there’s a empty text file in there named keeper.txt, the game needs that to verify that it’s a data directory.

You don’t need overridebigfile if you are using moddatapath

2 Likes