Sal and the bee shield

It might be just one of those random mind tricks, but are there any skills in Sal’s skill tree which negates some of the effect of the Bee Shield?

I got all the other toons through UVHM just using the bee shield (just one those personal challenges) but Sal just doesn’t seem to rock it when switching from Zerking to using the Bee playstyle. Don’t get me wrong a Harold plus Bee is still potent on Sal, but i think the other characters were simply better.

1 Like

Two problems with Sal and the Bee :

• no shield skills like Maya , Axton and Gaige have ( my Zer0 knowledge is too old to remember ).
  • play style is more offensive and closer to the target with Sal than all others except Krieg ( who is an even worse candidate for Bee usage ). There is ■■■■■■■■ damage to the shield, therefore it will never recharge.

Obviously, mid- to long-range can be done with Pimphabbing or dual Lyudas but it’s not the norm.

2 Likes

If you’re sniping a boss like Dexi or Terra during his black hole phase then a Bee works just as well on Sal as anyone else. Aside from that, he’s really a character at his best when in the middle of the mayhem, which kind of kills the usefulness of the Bee…

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m with Carlton on this. If you’re behind the rocks during the Terra fight then it’s useful to have on just for the DPS boost, but if you’re a run-and-gun style player in that fight, then there’s many better choices for shields.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses, I used th Bee, just because it makes it harder. I dont use the Sandhawk or pimp, the Bee is just a different challenge.

2 Likes

Nice! Now that I think about it, that is a great challenge : keep moving, dodging, bobbing and weaving to keep the shield up. I’m going to go home and do just that.

1 Like

But no cheating! You cannot use the sandhawk or pimp (norfleet as well), have no other shield in the inventory, and can only farm for a new Bee…all in UVHM. You will be surprised how tactics and set ups have to be thought through again for most toons.

3 Likes