SCALING: Roider, nova.. shields that deal damage

Have they fixed the scaling of those shields? Not the capacity… the damage those shields deal to enemies. Last time I played the game ~ 2 months ago they scaled everything but that. I wanna play with nova shields again. Right now they do like 0.1 % damage.

Nope it also makes the Impaler shield possibly one of the worst items in the end game. It is a shame really as Zane’s Distributed Denial skill has a number of cool interactions and is extremely fun to use in non Mayhem mode.

1 Like

Yep, nova and AOE damage from shields do not scale. It’s sad because shields like the Red Suit and Ember’s Blaze (and even the Nova Berner) are really cool in concept and work really well on non-mayhem levels. But they are pretty much useless at M10.

1 Like

I think I’ve read that they are working on making those scale. Let’s hope it comes with the Thursday patch. Shouldn’t be too hard I think.

1 Like

Anything that currently has a static damage component really needs to be able to scale to some degree with player level/damage.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to using the Void Rift on a Distributed Denial Zane again.

1 Like

It’s something I’m really hoping they address.

My favorite build with Moze includes the Ember’s Blaze shield. Its damage effect counts as splash and AOE, and gets a lot of buffs from her skills (Torgue Cross Promotion, etc.) as well as passive bonuses from artifacts and COMs. It gets a big buff from the 300/90 anointment too, if you’re holding a weapon with that anointment. (And its effect stays active while in Iron Bear and standard vehicles.) It’s pretty strong on non-mayhem and MM1, I mean you can literally just stroll around not firing a shot and things instagib when they get close, but it starts falling off after that because of the lack of shield scaling thing.

1 Like

Sadly no. The only shields from those category that are worth using are the Stinger (because its nova is counted as melee damage and thus receives Mayhem scaling) and the frozen heart/frozen snowshow because their cryo nova is a guaranteed freeze.
I would say roid shields are still viable because they are percentage based and melee receives mayhem scaling anyways, so if you are on a heavy duty melee build they’ll still do the trick.
But yeah, any shields with a damage aura effect as well as spike shields are pretty much useless. On the other hand, shields with bullet deflects have become ever-so-slightly more viable because enemy weapons receive Mayhem scaling as well.