Scariest movie ever

What is the scariest movie that you’ve ever seen? It can be because of both blood and scare factor, but which one made you the most scared? Mine would have to be the exorcist, because I saw it when I was way too young to see it and it frightened me the worst.

The first Alien: I was rather young when I first saw it, and at the time, it was unique in its brand of horror.

3 Likes

Close Encounters of the Third Kind, when I was very young.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

2 Likes

Hmm good question. Never really been scared by a movie. Mainly because I over think them and know what’s gonna happen. But the movie “it” with the clown kind of scared me when I was little. Btw my odd sense of humor makes the exorcist extremely funny.

1 Like

Watership Down.

Because i watched it when i was 6 years old and thought it was the most horrific thing ever.

I don’t remember much of anything at that age. But i remember watching that as if it were yesterday.

3 Likes

For me, it would have to be The Last Airbender. That movie literally made me lose hope and despair for comic-related storytelling for the American mainstream in the months that followed. If I had seen that before being properly diagnosed with depression, then I might have committed suicide just from a single viewing.

I was able to find some good points in the Street Fighter movie, and I have managed to almost completely forget the debacle that was Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. Hell, I can even forgive Highlander 2: The Quickening. But damn… I still shudder when I think of that M. Night Shyamalan abomination…

for me it is “The ring”

1 Like

I bought Watership Down for my niece and nephew a few years back.
They recently teased me about trying to traumatize them for life by giving them that movie.
I always thought it was brilliant.

Close Encounters scared me when I was young. So did Alien.
But the movie that really messed me up was Communion.

1 Like

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County

For me too. Saw “The Ring” with 12 and was scarred for life. Opening closets & curtains is still creepy for me.

Best thing: A week after I watched the movie, I sat in my room at night and turned my TV off to go sleeping. 10 minutes later it turned off by itself with nothing but grey noise - Almost soiled myself back then.

“Watership Down” is close second. I think I´m in a generation of scarred existences, traumatized because our family members thought “Oh, a cute film about bunnies!” - Oh yeah, great, perfect for 6 year old brats, sure.
Its an amazing movie, don´t get me wrong, but most people I know watched it within 5-7 years of age, expecting a harmless Disney-movie…

When I was a kid, gremlins. Seroiusly. I didn’t sleep for a week.

I was not ready for “cute thing turns into horror show”.

As an adult… I dunno.

As a kid, (5-7 years old), I was taken to see Pet Semetery (I hate that spelling) in theaters. That was about the only movie that ever bothered me. Probably because I was 5-7 years old… I’ve watched it as an adult, and it’s no biggie.

The first time I saw Paranormal Activity was somewhat unsettling. Subsequent viewings, not so much.

To this day, I still haven’t found a movie that remotely scares me.

Yeah Exorcist were really scary for me too!

For me it was the Exorcist. I saw it when I was 7 years old without my parents knowing and it traumatized me.

That night I did not sleep. The next morning I didn’t come out of the room to eat breakfast. My dad had to kick my room door down to find out what was going on with me. Luckily I got over it with some professional help soon after.

I love horror movies but the problem I have is that they very rarely scare me :frowning:

When I think about it, maybe “Cube”…