Screen flickers and drops to desktop and back again

I’m not sure why almost everytime I click it flickers and sometimes drops to the desktop like I alt-tab to the desktop. It does not crash i have to alt-tab back into the game, but it is extremely annoying. I ran dxdiag thinking it was a shader problem but I get the all thumbs up and it says their is no problems. my system specs are as follows
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 840 processor 3.2ghz
Video Card: Geforce GTX 550 TI
Memory: 12288 Ram
mother board: Black Zeus
My current display mode is: 1680 x 1050
Can someone please give me some assistance, thank you in advance!

Probably not helpful. But in steam verify the integrity of the game. Also play with vsync settings in the game options.

Only in full screen? That is a rather odd resolution… and you aren’t dual monitor?

Already did the verified the integrity of the game, and yes in full screen, but it is slow in minimized screen mode as well and no i don’t use a dual monitor. Vsync is enabled should I try another screen resolution?

I don’t really think Screen res is the issue… It is something related to an awareness of focus… like your machine thinks some other window did the request for full-screen. Super weird.

As much as it blows, running in a window could be a huge help in your case.

Thanks man, I hate running stuff in windowed mode though. I wonder if I could play around with the settings or look around the net for some other alternative

No overlays or background applications?