Screen tearing patch coming soon?

I really hope an option can be added for V-Sync to fix the tearing. The game is unplayable in its current state. One should think a reasonable competent game developer makes sure their game does not exhibit such a basic problem. It’s embarrassing for 2K Games, even though it has probably been ported by a third party developer.

1 Like

I am really fed up with the screen tearing I’m getting on XBOX X !!! Gearbox needs to address this problem promptly. Please give me a 4k @ 30fps option or a 1080p @ 60fps option if the engine cannot handle 4k @ 60fps to avoid this screen tearing.

this is the email they sent me back on april 22.

Thanks for reaching out to us in 2K Support.

Sounds like you’re running into the screen tearing issue? Fortunately, this is a known issue that the development team is well aware of and they are currently working towards a solution as we speak. We don’t have an exact date or time that this issue will be fixed, but rest assured it is being worked on.

Since we can’t track their progress from here in Customer Support, so we won’t have any updates for you until they’ve announced it publicly. You can keep an eye out on Gearbox’s and our social media pages for any updates that they will post. I’ll go ahead and link those pages for you below.

Borderlands
Gearbox
2K Support
We appreciate your patience and understanding with this. In the meantime, if you have any other questions for us, don’t hesitate to reach back out!

Take care,

Nick Y.
2K Support

Hoping for the best then - thanks!
In the meantime I started re-playing BL2 and TPS instead. I never got higher than 61 in BL2 and 30 in TPS. I did not enjoy TPS when it came out, but I am now, playing as Jack.

dont think the patch is coming.

6 months later and it’s still not fixed,wow this really is the last time i’m buying anything from gearbox,their software support is horrible.