Screenshots that make you go hmm Borderlands 1 (and Enhanced) Edition

Interesting, will have to play at some point.

1 Like

They can also do some tricks.

4 Likes

For some reason when I saw this I imagined this Lancer bouncing on some sick hydraulics and bumping nwa’s “■■■■ the police”…

I think there are some strong magnetic fields in those rocks…
That or Magneto building a cave…

2 Likes

Usually this beam is attached to the weapon, but not this time…

3 Likes

SPLAT! By the way is this my blood or his brain?

Yes.

2 Likes

4 Likes

what Is it?

3 Likes

TL;DR: It’s probably a scrapped beta model for an Eridian mcguffin.

You took that photo in Moxxi’s Underdome, and that thingy’s in a burning barrel behind the claptrap banker, right?

I think that it was first seen in this old Borderlands demo (around minute 11):

It should be the item in the left hand of this bandit lord (who, if I remember correctly, should be Sledge, whose old model ended up being used for Krom in the final game). During the demo, Randy Pitchford mentions that the players are on a quest given by Helena Pierce to get some alien technology/artifact. So, I guess this could be the original model of the Vault key fragment.

Furthermore, in Borderlands 2, inside Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, in the place where my character is standing inside The Forest…

There’s a table, on top of which there’s a sheet of paper.

It has some pictures on it, which are really reminiscent of that mysterious object.

From this doodles, I guess that back then the three fragments of the key were supposed to form a tripod on its underside, and nine rotating flaps on the topside once joined together.

There are also many mathematical expressions and a few notes (which, at least on console, aren’t really readable. It would be nice if someone on PC could get a better look at them!).

Here I can only make out “PLANCK found out now radiation was restricted”.

While here, at the top of the page, it seems to say “And, [???] years ago, [???] knew physics”.

These are the only two instances in which I think that item has been pubblically seen, beside the one you mentioned.

5 Likes

You’ve been waiting years for somebody to ask this, haven’t you?

: D

5 Likes

I had no idea…this guy gets answer of the year award

4 Likes

kkk

6 Likes

Ahahah you got me :sweat_smile:

Well I had been wondering about that sheet in The Forest for a while, but I never got around to ask about it.

Thanks, it’s nice when some of my useless Borderlands trivia knowledge comes in handy for once!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the high-res pictures! :heart:
And beautiful screenshot, ahahahah

I didn’t know rakk hives were so…aerodynamic

2 Likes

About as aerodynamic as blue whales and bowls of petunias, anyway.

BTW someone noted else-thread that the thing in that picture looks a lot like Beatrice’s (and other Jennerit) wings (Battleborn), although that could be coincidence or just reusing art assets.

4 Likes

Lucky shot 2…

An invisible sniper…very nice camouflage, except for the rifle off course

2 Likes

I can only show the aftermath. I was running up to a baddass infantry, whipped out the anarchy and started shooting. He ever so casually dropped a mine right in my path and sent me flying over the rail. It was so amusing I wasn’t even mad about it. I still murdered him of coarse lol

1 Like

I think this is VH101’s 3rd Hitchhiker reference in 2020, the current over/under for the year is 15.5.
–RoA

2 Likes