Scrim Resource and Discussion

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #81

The map is flawed, but it really just comes down to honor. If two teams in 10s would agree not to cheese the sentries with ranged characters, or backdoor, I think it would be fine. That just may be asking too much for some people, haha.

(The Title Master) #82

I don’t think backdooring is ever a problem, more so hitting the sentry from the middle of the map :confused:

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #83

I think it can be a problem on Echelon, but yeah, cheesing the sentry from the safety of the central area is the big concern.

(The Title Master) #84

Here’s a great game that we had last night, came down to the wire!

Haven’t Ghalt much recently so I was a tad rusty.

Sadly I don’t have the actual draft, but if anyone wants to know I’ll try to find out what it was!

(PSN: Da_C_Dawgg) #85

I wonder what would’ve happened if the other team was able to kill the second sentry before the timer expired.

(PSN: Peanutfluffer) #86

I was curious myself, I can’t see how the game would register first Sentry kill. Even if you do it second, you achieved the objective so I’m guessing it would go down to stats. @vagrantsun says it has happened to him and that it went to stats so it’s a shame we couldn’t pull it off.

Just a really good string of picks that kept us from having the 5 people we needed in lane to bully them. A lesson for all; don’t give up or surrender and definitely don’t get complacent like we did. If you can put more work into the sentry while you have the advantage - do it.

(PSN: Da_C_Dawgg) #87

Very true, I’ve lost a few games just because of that reason.

(Natsume Ryu) #88

big fan of casual tens. anytime you see me on feel free to throw me an invite. might take me a while to see it and respond, but i appreciate it everytime.

(Darth Huggles) #89

If Oscar is honor banned, should Thorn be?

(Skenners) #90

Think most Toby players would welcome a Thorn honour ban, but I really don’t think it’s necessary.

From what I’ve gathered, Oscar isn’t banned as he is OP, more that he can make a last minute push to solo a sentry, making the first 29 minutes of a match redundant. Thorn doesn’t have this issue.

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #91

For a similar reason, more have started to dislike ISIC. It’s not the only reason for some, but a central one nonetheless.

(BM tutor) #92

Guilty as charged.

(The Title Master) #93

I’d say Oscar Mike is honour banned because of how easy his damage output his. His gun damage alone is ridiculous and it’s insanely easy to use. Thorn does have an easy ult but maximizing her damage with arrows/volleys does take skill!

(Darth Huggles) #94

I’ve heard some people say that the honor ban pushes the draft into a more predictable pathway as he can check tanks so well. Is it his dps at 7, lasers at 10 or merely his kit as a character that is the problem? I wonder if 2 helix bans would allow people to play him without granting the character his new ‘objective shortcut’ play style.

(PSN: Peanutfluffer) #95

It’s the damage, before the buff he was considered low tier!
Funnily enough if you don’t factor in his level 7 it wasn’t a bad update, it gave him some early power to make up for lack of 30 tactical rounds.
Almost like gearbox forgot he had a mutation at level 7 or something.

(PSN: Da_C_Dawgg) #96

See I think that logically this makes sense.

On the other hand it just seems over the top to balance a character, it’s difficult to find a middle ground where everyone is happy.

(Skenners) #97

Unlike space lasers and nihilism, it would be very difficult to spot if someone has chosen the damage buff at level 7 though. It would have to be based on trust

(seza110193) #98

I would like to get it on some of this sweet Battleborn action sometime. PSN: Charleg69

(Darth Huggles) #99

Spectators can verify helix choices

(PSN: Da_C_Dawgg) #100

I’ll add you later.