Second Annual 2018 "UNOFFICIAL" BL2 & TPS Hunt

So far, this is more than last year. Yay!:raised_hands::family_woman_girl_girl:

6 Likes

Sorry for all the questions, it says you must finish the main stories on Normal, does this mean that’s where you stop and just farm, or can you continue into TVHM etc.?

5 Likes

If you don’t ask, someone else will.

You can keep going. It’s just a prerequisite to the challenge.

Plus, if you get thru the next VH mode, you can go back and farm the harder raid bosses in the prior mode so it can be easier.

5 Likes

Ok. I just have to decide who I use now :thinking:

3 Likes

Give you an example:

Voracidous- I farmed him in TVHM after I got into UVHM. Even though you can get those items from a vendor in TVHM, I still wanted to make it a challenge (at least farming them).

Part of challenge and the fun of it is to figure out a game plan and strategy…seriously, have fun with this.

7 Likes

I’ll participate again.

Also, the #TheHunt2018 just announced a few minutes ago at:

Broman on Twitter: #TheHunt2018 announcement

Running between Feb 19-25, 2018. One tweet says that any broadcasting is allowed, so it doesn’t seem to be restricted to twitch this time.

Broadcast anywhere my friend

— Broman (@Professorbroman) February 3, 2018

With google docs signup at:

Welcome to The Hunt 2018!

I’ll probably start a character on 2/15 using your rules and then create another on 2/19 that I’ll stream for a week, then go back to the original char to finish the unofficial hunt.

OOPS!

instead of my rambling, here is the announcement that just appeared on this forum while I was editing this post:

The Hunt 2018 [Info Thread]

and this seems to imply only twitch broadcasting.

7 Likes

Can someone explain? Are these to go in tandem, with Ganza’s requiring Twitch? whereas, the Unofficial does not require video proof?

5 Likes

This “Unofficial” Hunt is a completely separate entity. All that’s required for this event is snapshot or short vid.

I did this last year in tandem with the Twitch event for anyone who did not want to stream.

9 Likes

Since screens are an option (I’m not set up for streaming), I’d like to give it a go as well.

6 Likes

I have the ability to stream via whichever console’s streaming options. PS4 gives me Twitch or Youtube as options, Xbox One gives me the (frankly bad) Mixer. I’m leaning towards Youtube, since I already have a channel and it just makes sense, so PS4 for me, I think. I’m not sure if the streaming will be terrible though, if so, i’ll simply record gameplay like I do now, and upload that :+1:

3 Likes

If you are going to upload vid, please make it short of just the item dropping and a view of it. Don’t want to be bogged down with watching to much gameplay.:eyes:

6 Likes

NO! THEY WILL ALL BE 1 HOUR VIDEOS!

(not really, i’ll keep them short)

Edit: If it happens to be a longer gameplay video rather than purely drop clips, i’ll also include screens of the items in case you don’t want to watch :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If you want to make a drop montage of your weeks drop, that will work.

A good format for uploads is to compile 4 drops at a time or a weeks worth of drops in one post.

Don’t make it tedious for yourself.

6 Likes

I love being in ShareFactory, it’s like a game within a game :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Take a look at last year’s event. Scroll down to the posts of the drops. You will see what I mean.

5 Likes

I’d like to clarify that Twitch broadcasting is where the event started, but it’s not restricted this year to that platform. Since a majority of users are coming from Twitch, I’ve left the FAQ/How-To section up, but this is not a restriction to that platform.

8 Likes

What’s your Twitch account? Glad you’re participating again.:+1:

6 Likes

I’d gladly join in this year. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

rja was already taken, so on twitch it’s r0gera.

And my stream is very boring. I open a lot of boxes.

7 Likes

For TPS, will there be a separate thread over there or will everything be run from here?

6 Likes