Second Annual 2018 "UNOFFICIAL" BL2 & TPS Hunt

(Santa Söze) #1064

This was my thought as well. This is what I do frequently anyways. Option to keep one Moxxi and/or slagger .

(shred) #1065

Good/Bad Touch might be a good starting weapon.

(Is this thing on?) #1066

Should probably be something like a Good Touch and a slag source - first stop is obviously Knuckledragger, so corrosive would be taken care of. And getting an on level Bad Touch at 72 is going to be problematic on some platforms unless the player held off getting one on that save for a very long time :frowning:

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #1067

I like the fresh play through with a “naked holding a Moxxi” lvl 72 character idea.

(shred) #1068

The overall idea sounds good. It might just be a bit difficult for people getting the lvl 72 character prepared. I’d probably suggest making the ‘official’ announcement probably 1-2 months prior, so that gives people enough time to get their characters prepared with the right equipment.

Speaking of correct equipment, what about shields and relics?

My suggestion would probably be the Aequitas shield and the VH Relic

(Santa Söze) #1069

What I’ve done for my own resets is : dump/sell all the gear in Sanctuary and get whatever I can from the vendors. Reloading the game to farm the vendors is allowed, but no gold keys. I always keep one key bit of gear (my slag bladed Rubi for example). Then reset. This means no relics to start.

Besides, there’s a strong likelihood that people have done Clan Wars and don’t have an Aequitas, much less a level 72 one.

(LootHunter_twitch) #1070

My vote would be to start a new character. Everyone is then in the same boat, same gear. Of the 6 to choose from, they all will have various gear to prefer to start at level 72 putting some in way better shape than others due to skills and or melee. I think everyone should start exactly the same.

Would it not just make the event much quicker too starting at 72?

I just think by replacing TPS with heads and skins, you can stay in one game and draw it out, adds more depth and the necessity to really farm certain bosses.

I was joking.

(Is this thing on?) #1071

Of course, it doesn’t have to be a real item… Digital prizes, the diet soda of competitive rewards.

(Not a real Dr. but I got style...) #1072

There. I corrected it for you. :blush:

I like that idea too. With a minimal prior notice it should not be that difficult to level one character to 72 if you’re already playing atm.

(shred) #1073

If we’re going to remove TPS and replace it with heads and skins from BL2, should the duration of the event be shortened? Like around 1 month? Or should there be something else that needs to be added to make up the time?

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #1074

Probably cut it down to a month Event.

(shred) #1075

Cool. Also, with the heads and skins that drops from specific enemies, will it be the head from each class? For example, from Terramorphous, you would have to get Boatmurderer, XXX and all the other ones.

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #1076

All heads and skins! DX

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #1077

Vermi too! Bwahahaha!

(shred) #1078

Oooooh. Cool, I’ll never got to spawn Vermi properly before, this is going to be interesting.

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #1079

You still think it should only be a month? :thinking::grinning:

(shred) #1080

Well, if it’s all heads and skins, I’m not sure, I think the Vermi grind would take a very long time, especially because firstly, you would need to progress through UVHM to get all the required places unlocked.
Secondly, Vermi is a pain to spawn solo (isn’t it like 7.5% on solo or less?) And to add to that, getting him to drop a head or skin that you haven’t got already is pretty hard.

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #1081

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I think this head & skin hunt is the perfect addition to drive Vault Hunters nuts! Thanks @DaRTH_FuRioN for the suggestion of this craziness!

(Santa Söze) #1082

A month is not enough time if we’re starting a character from scratch. If we just did dedicated-drop skins and heads that might just barely cut it, but if we’re adding all heads and skins that can show up it’s going to need to be longer - 6 weeks anyways.

There are surely more heads and skins in the game than all other gear combined. Some are vendor finds only. The Dahl skin is a reward for Crouching Tiger. We’re going to need a separate sheet just for them. Blech - I’m not liking imagining that. Honestly it’s a great idea that I think is going to be a massive pain…especially for the one(s) maintaining the sheets. I don’t mind splitting duties though : one person for the gear, another for the skins.

This kind of makes it irrelevant but maybe just give one point for every head/skin found?

Just spitballing.

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #1083

Just adding the skins and heads that are dedicated drops from enemies . No way are we going to go into all the BAR challenge, vendor, etc. skins and heads.