Seeking Clarification on Marketplace Loadouts

@JoeKGBX
After reading the recent Announcement about marketplace additions, and your “vision” of what you want it to be, I’m curious…

Are you planning on selling new loadouts for platinum instead of improving the setup you currently have? or are you going to sell loadouts in addition to improving the current loadout system?

I would honestly like some clarification on this.

Hi there,

Could you clarify for me what you mean by “improving the setup we currently have”? We’ll certainly continue refining the game and gear systems the way we have been. The marketplace stuff from yesterday’s announcement is purely optional extras and not a requirement in any way.

If I misunderstood your question let me know. Thanks!

Joe

I think what he means is are we getting extra loadouts and bank space using in-game currency or are all the new loadouts and bank spaces that may or may not be made available through the marketplace be available using Platinum only? He wants to know if he has to pay real money to add extra loadouts and bank space if that feature is to be added to the Marketplace.

1 Like

I seem to remember a lot of people early on complaining about the cost of loadout slots and bank pages. I’d assume if anything buying them with platinum is offering a shortcut to credit farming.

As far as raising the loadout cap. I doubt they’d make slot 10+ platinum only when most people when asked seem to feel like the base loadout slot cap should have been equal to having 1 slot per character.

Well, split between 1 or 2 slots per character anyway.

What I’m curious about is that the Characters tab disappeared from the Marketplace with the update (no loss since it never worked for me anyway), but the Battleborn page is still showing all characters as unlocked when I know there are some that I still haven’t unlocked? Weird…

1 Like

@JoeKGBX Thank you for responding.

For example, with the current setup, once you release 27-30 we will have 1 loadout slot for every 3.33 characters. There was a Poll conducted to see what players thought. While there were a limited number of respondents, it appears that most players don’t believe 9 slots are nearly enough. (My Suggestion :smirk:)

So, my question is, are you going leave us with just the 9 slots and have us purchase additional slots? or do you intend to address the loadout system directly than offer additional slots for purchase after improvements are made.

1 Like

@xxEvoLuTioNxx I’m all for your idea, as I had something similar. It would wreak havoc with their existing UI though. It’d move the gear tab into the tabs when you select a character (ideally).
But they could keep the existing one and later down the road (when programming permits) add character specific ones in the appropriate tab. Definitely think it’d be much better than the existing system, because in the current system it’d take forever to scroll through 25+ loadouts on the char select screen for a match. Some slow char choosers wouldn’t have time to select their gear, and the additional loadouts would mean more chances for them to get randoed with a bad loadout then.

@NatsumeRyu I was thinking more along the lines of leaving the loadout menu as is, than adding an additional tab to the character detail section where those particular loadouts are attached to the individual characters. At least that’s how I visualized it.

1 Like

I could see that working out without the character limiting slots (3) you mentioned- more like a ranking system so your loadout specialized for them is first. I dunno, i feel like only attaching three loadouts to a character is too limiting unless we get 90 loadout slots. Because I’d totally have highly optimized loadouts for as many situations as possible. Even if we get 30 slots, and three slots tieable to a character, assuming you have a loadout for every character (i play about half of the characters, though id like to be able to play any on the fly), especially if you have their legendary equipped to it, that’s still only one specialized loadout per character, the others having to be shared like they are now but that character will only have access two two alternatives at a time, and may include the legendary of another character shrug

Incidentally, the poll is still open, so if anyone wants to vote go right ahead. Last time I checked, it’s up to 140 respondents.

I just think that if you only have a giant page of loadouts it could become overwhelming for some players. Especially when your selecting your character before a mission.

My personal solution involved linked character slots that unlock as you level each character, than a number of universal slots, like we have, usable by all characters. With that, the more you use a character the more slots you have for character specific loadouts. Because as you become familiar with each character, you discover that different helix options work better with different gear loadouts.

Each could have (x) amount unlockable, and if you want more they could still offer additional ones in their market place. When selecting your character’s load out you could have:

-Linked Slots
[Gap]
-Universal slots

OR

(Linked Window) [GAP] (Universal Window)

Something simple that’s easy to navigate without being overwhelming. That way you would have access to loadouts usable by all characters, and loadouts tailored to each character.

The reason I originally mentioned 3 linked loadouts per character, I figured you could have 1 for group PvE, 1 for PvP, and 1 for solo PvE. Or 1 for offence, 1 for support, and 1 for defense. Basically something allowing each character to have a few specialized loadouts for different roles. Than universal loadouts to test different gear setups or for sets that could work with anyone.

Either way, they could make things more convenient and still have room to offer additional spaces for purchase.

This is something I’d have to look into for you, but I’m happy to do that!

4 Likes

I would appreciate that.
Thank you. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just think that if you only have a giant page
of loadouts it could become overwhelming for some players. Especially
when your selecting your character before a mission.

Yeah, that’s why the tie would help.

My personal solution involved linked character slots that unlock as
you level each character, than a number of universal slots, like we
have, usable by all characters. With that, the more you use a character
the more slots you have for character specific loadouts. Because as you
become familiar with each character, you discover that different helix
options work better with different gear loadouts.

This, not some much. Because the universal number of slots does not change, yes? Only what you can link to characters? Or wait, I’m reading your next paragraph over and over and it sounds like they are separate. I’m confused. :confused:
If that’s the case, then that seems fine, basically the universal ones are what we have now, and won’t change. But the character ones would be an added feature. Ok, I like that.

Yea that.:wink:

1 Like

Have you garnered any insight into their plans for loadouts?

“Offering a shortcut” = The reason it’s so hard to unlock them in the first place. They were designed around a premium currency.

It shouldn’t be hard. You guys already have a full implementation of the premium loadouts and bank slots written and ready to launch at the push of a button. Just load up a copy and tell us how it works. :slight_smile:

There are 3 kinds of MT:

1. Pay-to-WIn: You pay for items or characters that give you an in-game advantage over other players who paid less money into the game than you have. This is the worst.

2. Cosmetic: The changes only affect cosmetic aspects of the game and give no advantage. If the payment scheme is fair (Battleborn’s isn’t quite) this is the most acceptable form of micro-transactions.

3. Irritant Reductions: Developers limit your ability to do something conveniently by introducing artificial scarcity into the game where it’s not necessary. IE: a limited number of loadouts where an unlimited amount would make the game much more convenient for players. A boost to credits because the amount you get normally makes it extremely time consuming to unlock DLC characters AND new gear AND loadouts is another example of this. This is just behind pay-to-win components in the ‘horrible things game developers do’ category.

Nothing new yet, but we’ll keep you guys posted!

3 Likes

I went and unlocked all those slots and expanded my bank before even buying loot packs. I think part of it is player priorities. It really wasn’t that long or hard IMO.

1 Like