Self-imposed challenges to spice it up a bit?

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #21

Well if that’s the response, i’m definitely doing it :smiley:

Edit: Here we go…

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #22

Krieg says 'sup! :smiley:

I might try that next. Running your Jakobs thing with Zer0. Further question: Are we allowed Jakobs AR’s? :slight_smile:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #23

I assume you’re asking this Bekahse you want to use one? :rofl:

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #24

Just thinking if I get a dry spell with pistol drops I can at least farm a Hammer Buster! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #25

My joke was excellent… :joy:

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #26

I’m not sure I’d go as far as…joke! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Bekah in the flesh tbh! :open_mouth:

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #27

I just realised I did most of my last playthrough as the Jakobs farmer playstyle. Not with the severe restrictions of no class mod/grenade mod but being a bit meaner on myself should be fun! :slight_smile:

• Only Jakob’s wheelguns, Jakob’s shotguns and Jakob’s rifles are allowed. (get off my lawn!)

Yup. Jakob’s rifles are included. That includes both assault and sniper rifles. Sniper rifles come in very handy against Hyperion bots’ critical hit spot (the red dot / aka their eye). The biggest problem you’ll run in to is just getting a Jakob’s ANYTHING to drop or spawn from a chest–since vending machings are prohibited. I finally got a decent blue Jakob’s assault rifle and wheelgun somewhat close to my level. LOL

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #29

No vending machines even for ammo?

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #30

Ah - cheers for the clarification.

I thought you meant these: https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Wheelgun

Oh and do quest rewards count or is it drops/chests only?

Sorry, I call revolvers wheelgun regardless of game. :slight_smile:

@Kuolemanlaakso

Nope! Now you see some of the insanity! :cowboy_hat_face:

Here’s the criteria again for reference. :slight_smile:

@Psymonkee Yes, quest rewards are good…crucial really. The Law wheelgun becomes valuable from Marshall Friedman.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #32

It shouldn’t be that bad… I’ve done it with both Zer0 and Gaige. For anyone considering it, pick a character that you think will get the most out of the gear. If you’re going to include COMs, this is a much more severe choice, but the COMs seem so randomly assigned as to not add much to the allegiance other than a name? There are no rules here, so pick your favorite.

Having done it with Zer0 previously and Gaige currently, I think I’d consider Salvador for it if I was to switch again.
First: buff magazine sizes even more with Filled to the Brim, 5 Shots or Six, and Inconceivable because I’m looking for huge, sustained fire rates.
Second: buff fire rates with Locked and Loaded, Lay Waste, and Keep Firing.
Third: negate reload times with Auto Loader (and for ‘free’ Locked and Loaded).
Fourth: get unreal Money Shot chains.

Something like this? I’d load balance some of these depending on which COMs I had available.

(Carlton Slayer) #33

As much as I might like Fistful of Hurt I can’t see taking it over Down Not Out…

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #34

I deleted the Bandit Siren, it was going to be one of those things that irritated me so I stopped. With that said i’m keen to start a new character with a specific plan in place.

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #35

Ooo I’ve got one! Every bit of gear equipped has to be from a different manufacturer! This goes for COMs/grenades/weapons too :stuck_out_tongue:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #36

I like it, but there aren’t enough manufacturers for all slots are there?

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot half of them when trying to remember them all :smiley: I like the idea, let’s do it!

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #37

I never use skill points/gear designed for making FFYL easier, plus knockback is the key to environmental kills, which is the peanut butter in my Borderlands sandwich. From inexperience, I’m torn between things like Divergent Likeness and Keep It Piping Hot. Also Yippie Ki Yay vs Get Some vs I’m Ready Already vs Last Longer.

I do love the combat mechanics of Come At Me Bro, but the other trees are so full of other skills that are more fun that I almost never go there. This is close to my current non-gunzerking build (heavier on the brawn side though):
http://bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#550011300005550015310105054155001

That’s crazy talk. :smile:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #38

@Psymonkee I have started a Krieg and he’s going to stick to your suggestion of using a different manufacturer in each slot. I’m just in the process of clearing up Hammerlock’s side missions in Liars Berg, and i’ve set it up that I have a Jakobs sniper rifle and also a Jakobs shotgun, and I just swap them in one slot depending on what I need for the situation. I’m assuming that is ok. Anyway, here he is!

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #39

I’ll allow it! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Is this thing on?) #40

So, you’re going to do it then!