Self-imposed challenges to spice it up a bit?

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #41

Here’s the run to Midgemong, behold my terrible skills :rofl:

So I’m a dumb dumb. I wasted, WASTED, my skill points in the wrong ass skill tree in my Farmer playthrough with Maya. I reset to find something better and remembered that Corrosive Cloud skill was awesome. I almost breezed thorough the Thousand Cuts & Wildlife Preserve even being WAY under leveled and with outdated gear with it. Still, badass enemies and no ammo/health vending machines is proving a hell of a challenge. Super Badass Loaders are ■■■■■■■ insane not to mention loot midgets. I’m also experiencing some frequent FFYL’s but nothing that wasn’t my fault. LOL

I should be able to beat it tonight. I just entered Sawtooth Cauldron at level 21.

(HCSelf) #43

Woo! This is awesome. Thank you for posting this! :smile: I shall have to try this with my high-level Gaige, Maya and Anton!

Ok I got to Jack at level 26 and I’m WAY too low level and some of my gear is a bit low too. He’s pretty much one shotting my shields and one shotting my health. Tried probably 8-10 times and I just cannot beat him with being this low level without a rocket launcher or grenade mod. This sucks. Guess I’ll have to grind side quests to get at least level 28 or 29. My capture video is already getting close to being too large to upload on youtube… Sad thing is The Warrior is much easier to beat at lower levels so I could of finished this tonight had Jack not being so damn stubborn.

edit
I just checked and I’m at 13 hours and 8 minutes so I’m already too long for a single youtube video. So I’ll be cutting out the grinding when I upload (maybe upload the grinding in another separate video). Nuts…

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #45

Go to the cheese spot for Jack. Just erm… WATCH OUT FOR THE LAVA! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #46

Update, Krieg Klaus has just returned to Sanctuary having killed Wilhelm. I’m going to do a bit of gear management before I put the power core in though, I don’t like not having access to Sanctuary.

Here’s the Roland Rescue.

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #47

Remember you can turn in the power core mission and then The Good, The Bad and the Mordecai opens up right away!

Cheese spot? Oh do tell! I’d love to be able to beat it at level 26. LOL

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #49

If you’re facing The Warrior as it spawns in, so directly in front of you if you came from the fast travel, look to the left, there’s a path that leads to where an ammo chest is. You’re pretty safe over there as long as you keep your eye on the Crystalisks.

Yea, I knew that worked with the Warrior but I dunno if that helps with Jack since he spawns so many of those doubles. Is this what low-level run players use to beat him? Or is it just a matter of not having a rocket launcher / grenade mod that’s doing me in?

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #51

Nope - that’s it! Hide behind the crates and he gets ‘stuck’ targetting you. Gotta be careful there of course. I find grenades/RL too risky as you can catch the box doing yourself in!

Just chip away at him and I hope you brought The Trespasser :wink:

Hmmm, ok, I’ll give it a try.

Nope, don’t have it. But I think I do need to turn that quest in.

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #53

Dumb question (hopefully the last!) - are we allowed shields other than the Rough Rider? :slight_smile:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #54

Yes, you’re allowed to use any of the Jakobs shields… :stuck_out_tongue: (I don’t actually know if you can or not)

ALL shields are acceptable. No restrictions other than you cannot buy them or use them from another playthrough. :slight_smile: The Farmer challenge was more about the weapon choice than the shields.

Ok, The Farmer Challenge is completed. I used the cheese spot mentioned earlier and it worked. The Warrior was a piece of cake using the cheese spot I use for these challenges. So now I’ll piece together my series of videos to upload to youtube and will post a link here once I’m done. It takes a while to render this much and it is almost xmas so plan on seeing this after xmas.

edit
Oh, and the final playthrough time not including about an hour of grinding is 15 hours 40 minutes and 30 seconds.

Here was my final gear:

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #57

15 hours? Challenge accepted!

Good luck! Even with my arthritis and lack of hand dexterity I really thought I went through it quickly and fairly decently all things considering. I did 2-~3 hour straight sessions to keep the soreness and pain down. And other than using the cheese spot for Jack and The Warrior there wasn’t much cheesing to be had. Maybe one day I’ll count the number of FFYL’s, my god it was a lot the second half of the game. LOL!

I’ll post my final thoughts on this when it isn’t 4am. Haha. I can say the sheer lack of Jakob’s drops was maddening!!! Seems like I had plenty on other playthroughs but when I needed them the most here they didn’t really come. And if it wasn’t for a lucky green wheelgun/pistol towards the end it would of been even more fun.

Next up? I’m going to do the “I Like Pain” challenge.

The “I Like Pain” challenge:

• You can only use white and green rarity gear for all gear slots except class mod.
  • No class mods allowed.
  • Action skill tree use is completely prohibited. Cannot level up your action skill at all. Not even 1 point.
  • Farming gear from vending machines and slot machines is allowed.
  • Getting gear in co-op from another player not allowed.
  • DLC gear is allowed.
  • Spending earned Eridium is allowed.
  • Previous playthrough gear is allowed.
  • No Gibbed save editor use allowed.
  • Badass tokens and bonuses allowed.

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #59

Ow. Almost as bad as mine. Almost.

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #60

I heard something about pain and I liked it, what’s going on? :wink: