Sending data to host and no Multiplayer games [Latest GBX Response: Post #122]

It’s been yet another month gone by and no means of being able to play this game at all.

I hope the developers are at least enjoying their summer vacations. :frowning:

:triumph: I am pissed. This was a waste of my time and money, WTH i have not been able to play this game since i purchased it

The team is still investigating a solution to this issue. If anyone else has any information on reproduction steps or could fill out this questionnaire, we’ll be sure to pass that along to the team:
Characters used and their levels- are they higher level or new, etc.? Enforcer Lvl 52
Is/are the character(s) a transferred save? Not transfers
What are your basic network/NAT settings? Not sure
Are you using a wireless or wired connection with your console? Wireless
What region are you in? USA
Are you part of the Xbox One OS Preview Program? No
When did you first notice these connection issues? 8-9-15 The next time I logged in after turning Lvl 52

Hey Gearbox…

Im also expirience this issue now for long… no matchmaking at all for BL2 on xb1 and TPS.
I went to try and play my character on 360… and now is gone so I only have the Char save on xb1.

Matchmaking really was the backbone of this game… and i cannot belive that it seems i was Ripped off with the handsome collection, bought the game specially for matchmaking… and now… the game is really poor…
Why would you throw a Hansome collection and then give no online support at all???

Please fix this for the people who stayed loyal.
Or at least reply to the comunity.

Thanks

Hi guys, this forum thread got me pretty annoyed at Gearbox for blatantly ignoring their loyal community for such a long time.
This is a 2015 spring release game on a next gen platform with a bug so gamebreaking it essentially caps your co-op experience at lvl 50.

We’re having a discussion over on the Borderlands reddit sub which links to this post.

Essentially, it’s a whole lot more angry people throwing aside their brand new $70 game.

THIS BUG IS NOT FIXABLE. Please voice your frustration!

Gearbox have replied, a few posts up.

They have confirmed that they are looking into it. No magical fix as of yet.
Please reply to the questions.

Angry or hostile posts aren’t going to make a bug any easier to fix.

If you come to this thread just to vent, your access to this forum may be limited. I know, it’s frustrating, but please, if you want to increase the chance of this being fixed, give the info requested and try to be patient, rather than simply slagging off the people who are trying to resolve the problem. Thanks.

Just want to remind everyone (as I did on Reddit) that we are looking for repro steps. In other words, detailed descriptions of what’s happening on your end when you experience the issue. Please add to this thread as many details to your experience as possible and that will help the team a great deal as they work towards a fix!

[quote]The team is still investigating a solution to this issue. If anyone else has any information on reproduction steps or could fill out this questionnaire, we’ll be sure to pass that along to the team:

Characters used and their levels- are they higher level or new, etc.?

Is/are the character(s) a transferred save?

What are your basic network/NAT settings?

Are you using a wireless or wired connection with your console?

What region are you in?

Do you live near Dallas, Texas? If yes, would you be willing to let us inspect your hardware?

Are you part of the Xbox One OS Preview Program?

When did you first notice these connection issues?
[/quote]

Does anyone experiencing these issues live near Dallas, Texas? If so, please send me a PM.

1 Like

Characters used and their levels- are they higher level or new, etc.?

characters are levels 3 and 4

Is/are the character(s) a transferred save?

no

What are your basic network/NAT settings?

nat settings are open

Are you using a wireless or wired connection with your console?

i am using wired

What region are you in?

north yorkshire england

Do you live near Dallas, Texas? If yes, would you be willing to let us inspect your hardware?

no

Are you part of the Xbox One OS Preview Program?

no

When did you first notice these connection issues?

today once i had installed the game

[/quote]

Reproduction steps are pretty simple;

1 - Actually buy 2 XBOX Ones to play the game on (not dev systems running the code)
2 - get 2 people to actually play TPS after verifying they can each play any other title over XBL (there are a couple out there to choose from /sarcasm)
3 - wait for it to happen, sometime after level 50
…3a - start a new character, join the other player at 50+ no problem, powerlevel the new character, goto step 3
…3b - other player start a new character, goto step 3a
…3c - ask a 3rd person to play along, goto step 3a
4 - troll forums and reddit looking for a solution or acknowledgment of the problem for 6 months
5 - accept the problem will never be fixed when told to clear your cache, reset the console to factory with no real troubleshooting from the devs
6 - go play another game with the same network settings with no problems (since the settings are console wide)

Something to note. Some character data actually makes it through. The other player can see your avatar appear in game. You can see the world load and get a health bar with your health that is not modified from equipment or BAR, just health based upon your level. The host can kick you if the game doesn’t crash first. It also does not seem to matter if you are on the same network or ISP, so the blame cannot go to the connection. Wireshark shows all packets passing through the router when mirroring the LAN port

The results are the same no matter what type of NAT is configured. I have tried Routing without NAT, Routing with NAT and Bridged. All other titles play fine except TPS. Bridged does break in-game VOIP, but in-game VOIP is generally unstable in the entire HC anyway, better to use XB Party before even launching BL2 or TPS, but that is a different problem being ignored.

Latency is also ruled out, wired connections monitored at sub 150ms at any level of character play, same levels when trying to join a 50+ with a new character as well as joining a level 50+ with another 50+ that gets greeted with host load error.

This is clearly a TPS problem, or by extension (GB)TPS/(XBL)MS port allowance issue with the virtual host on the cloud. Most definitely not a client system issue.

Note 2 - no character transfers, neither of us had TPS prior to HC

1 Like

Me and my wife have had this problem too since 27/08/15. We can see each other on the main menu but cannot join or find any games, any idea when they will fix this as this is stupid now!

Its a shame that such a fun game has such a lack of support. Its not a small bug, its gamebreaking if you play with friends. How does this go 6 months without being fixed?!?

1 Like

Once again, the steps to reproduce are very simple. Simply play the game you have released on xbox live. I encountered the bug around level 28-30ish.

Why don’t you push out an update with some added debug information in it when connecting to another game. That way the thousands of users who are experiencing this can provide useful information to the development team.

I would have liked to have played this over yet another extended holiday weekend, but it seems the development team doesn’t care about their paying consumers. They have yet again failed their loyal customers.

I hope they at least have another enjoyable vacation.

I have the problem where it wont let my characer load. It only happens with my high level characters. It also happens with my friends. It says loading character and sending character data to the host. Upon joining and attempting to load my character my shield, class mod, and weapon doesnt appear on screen and thats how we tell if we can or cannot join each other. Now if i join as any low level character i load in instantly with my gun, class mod, and shield.

My main thing and i hope gearbox responds I dont entirely mind not being able to easily play with people. Ye it was the main reason why Borderlands 2 was my favorite game of all time but I just need to know. At this moment in time, currently is there a group of people trying to fix this? Im a little late to the party for this game srry for not having money or an Xbox ONE till now but I just need to know if you are trying to fix it?

It is currently being looked into, but unfortunately there is no ETA on when a fix will be available.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Could anyone experiencing this issue please reply with the two Gamertags that are affected?

PxxT Train
PxxT Klickshot

Beebo316
Fatasthmatic

Flyinglater