Series x stutter after patch

Pretty annoying and consistent stutter after patch on series x. Was smooth before but not so much now.

Will this be a quick fix I’m hoping?

14 Likes

Sheesh I hope so! Patch day shudders I suspect but hope it gets resolved ASAP.

2 Likes

They are investigating, so hopefully it won’t be long because yeah, the experience is ruined right now. Story wise I was going to Athenas, I’ll take a break now until it’s fixed.

me too
i use xbox series x too lag

1 Like

I just bought this game today.
I want to play with friends.
I hope it can be repaired soon.
:frowning:

Same issue. Wonder if it has to do with the cross platform syncing every so often. I had the same issue before when I had the Twitch extension enables (even when not streaming) and had to turn it off. I’ve died several times already because the game will lag or stutter out for 1-2 seconds. I also play on PC and no such issue there. On the plus side, I haven’t had any complete console crashes since the update. But now traded one problem for another.

1 Like

I tried turning off all social connections and also cross play. Tried performance mode, reducing FOV, etc. Nothing has cured the stutter on my series x.

I hope they can do a hot fix or something that won’t take to long.

Same thing on Series S.
Game was perfect before “hotfixes”, became unplayable now.

2 Likes

xbox ser. x. stuttering and freezes every other minute. before crossplay patch everything was fine.

1 Like

Bought it and played it for the first time last week right before the patch came out and thought wow this looks & plays amaze balls on the series x. Then stutter city…please fix asap!!!

2 Likes

I also have constant stuttering in the game on the Xbox Series X after the latest patch…

2 Likes

Same issue here as well (Series X)

1 Like

same issue here, on series X tested both modes same stuttering issues.

1 Like

Hi All! Same promlem… from Russia =). XsX. Waiting patch?..

1 Like

good morning me too after the patch cross on the Xbox series s. I started to have frezee of the game for 1-2 seconds I have already tried to delete everything and reinstall Borderlands 3 and all the dlc but nothing. Before the cross play patch they played great no lag or freze

Today 2k answered my email regarding the above issues on xbox s x. They told me to clear cache(restart console, uninstall and install again, and if none works, then send theae info :

What game mode does this happen in, online or single-player?
What part/map of the game were you in and was it DLC?
What character are you playing as?
What Mayhem level were you playing on and what modifiers were active?
Can you please send us a quick video showing this crashing issue?
Any other information you deem valuable would be appreciated!

I really hope for a fast fix…
Best to send them tickets individually, about the issue.

2 Likes

That answer sounds like the typical 2K tech support solution, meaning they don’t understand the issue and are throwing a standard answer to your inquiry.

I’m encouraged by Graeme Timmins acknowledgement of the issue and that they’re investigating it. I saw a retweet on another thread in this forum. He’s the creative director of Gearbox and should hopefully have escalated it appropriately.

My guess is with the image update (splash load pages darker and image quality enhancements), they tweaked with HDR/ray trace values specifically for the S/X and an unintended consequence developed.

5 Likes

I guess the reason for the stuttering is the network exchange with the Shift servers, since this happens periodically, and once I got a Shift connection notice right after long freeze.
Perhaps 2K developers should find out more about non-blocking asynchronous operations, and QA should add test case with a slow Internet connection.

4 Likes

I reinstalled game. Nothing… Again freeze. And I have very fast internet speed.

1 Like

Yes i thought of the premade answering-email too.I have seen the Graeme Timmins tweet also.Lets hope fix coming soon!
Thnx for the answer

1 Like