Serious: Disgusting interactions with your support team

I am posting this here as I am extremely frustrated. I am seriously considering taking further action. What exactly that further action entails is yet to be decided, based on how things proceed from here.

I apologize for the length of this post but it is necessary.

TLDR: Having FPS issues and other things, support is useless, they insinuate that its my computer components or software, and are trying to tell me I didn’t send them the full MSinfo or DXdiag, when I did, they don’t bother reading or understanding the content of my responses.

1. Posted in the support forum seven days ago, I have not received a single reply from anyone at Gearbox.
  2. Made a support ticket on Friday 13th May 2016 and this is still going on as of Thursday 19th May 2016.

Original Support request.

1. Friday at 12:20

1. I am playing single player, with FPS at the top left, In my opinion it looks like an Xbox 360 game and notice how it goes from 60 down to 14, 17 , 30 etc, its very jarring with all the effects and makes me dizzy and slightly sick, ending with me getting a headache and having to close the game.and when I try to aim it feels like the cross hair is floating and lagging behind my movement.

1. This is with all the settings off or on low, I show the settings at the end.

1. https://vid.me/b7997

1. Only battle born steam, MSi after burner and OBS.

1. My experience is the same if I am recording or not, I am recording to a seperate hard disk and the game uses around 30% of my cpu.

1. I’ve tried a single GPU with dual GPU in crossfire mode, with both the latest AMD beta driver and the latest non beta driver.

1. I’ve just noticed that the game is using 100% of both my GPUS as soon as the game is loaded, even while sitting in the menus.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 4670k@ 4ghz
16GB Ram
2 x amd 7950
Intel 730 SSD

Reply 1 from support:

Joao F.

May 13, 8:03 AM

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support! We are grateful for your help in the fight against the Varelsi and we will do our best to make sure you are fit and ready to fight as soon as possible. I understand that experiencing FPS issues isn’t fun at all so let’s get to the bottom of this!

Are you receiving an error message? If so, can you please send us a picture or video of the error message?
Rendain may be interfering with your ability to join the fight so please try the following troubleshooting steps if not already performed:

Verify the integrity of your game cache on Steam
Go through our Network Troubleshooting Guide
If you are still experiencing issues, please send us a video of the problem as it will help us assist you. To help, here’s our article explaining how to capture a video on your PC

We would also need the following information:

Battleborn Support ID - how to find your Support ID?: -
SHiFT Email address: -
SHiFT Support ID (to find it: go to Extras> SHiFT> Support ID): -
Platform: Windows PC::Windows (Other)
Steam ID: -
If you have any more questions or concerns related to our 2K titles, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will gladly assist you!

Stay Badass!

My reply 2:

No Error messages. I checked for a log file but I did not find anything in the game directory.

It would be nice if you could make some effort to read my original post before sending me a canned response, the only thing missing is my steam ID which is

STEAM_0:0:XXXXXXX

But clearly you didn’t bother to read the first response as I provided all the information in that.

Support 2:

Joao F.
May 13, 9:28 AM
Thank you for taking the time to contact 2K Support, we appreciate it.
I’m sorry to hear about the FPS issue you seem to be experiencing in Battleborn. As a gamer myself and a big an of Battleborn I’m going to try to help you out.

Can you please send us copy of your PC’s DXDiag and MSinfo text files?

These are non-invasive logs of your PC specs and contain any specific errors it may have recently encountered - this will help us diagnose and treat whatever we find in our investigation.

This Support Article will show you how to access these files and attach them to your reply.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to research your issue and update your ticket as swiftly as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused you.

If there are any questions or concerns at all throughout the process, please do not hesitate to ask contact us at any time!

My reply 3:

Sent him my msinfo.txt and dxdiag.txt.

Support reply 3:

Joao F.
May 13, 1:33 PM

Thank you for contacting 2K Support. Another thanks for having sent your Dxdiag and part of your Msinfo.

It appears that you are receiving core Windows Operating System .dll file crashes. When corrupted, these tend to cause issues across a number of applications.

As with any Windows corruption, it may be a good idea to start with a virus scanner. File corruption can be caused by a variety of factors, most completely unrelated to malware, but it is always a good idea to run a scan if you see these types of errors.

Once the virus scan is complete, we are going to use the sfc /scannow tool, to check for system corruption, and hopefully repair any damaged files.

The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible.
Warning

Be aware that if you have modified your system files as in theming explorer/system files, running sfc /scannow will revert the system files such as explorer.exe back to it’s default state. Make the appropriate backups of your system files that you have modified for theming if you wish to save them before running sfc /scannow.

To Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 7:

1. Navigate to the Start Menu->All Programs->Accessories==> Then right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
  2. To Scan and Repair System Files NOTE: Scans the integrity of all protected system files and repairs the system files if needed. Please see above.
  3. In the elevated command prompt, type the following and press Enter: sfc /scannow
    NOTE: This may take a little bit to finish.
  4. When the scan is complete, hopefully all files will pass, and it will say \Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    **If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command 3 or more times to completely fix everything that it’s able to.
    **If not, then you can attempt to run a System Restore using a restore point dated before the bad file occured to fix it. You may need to repeat doing a System Restore until you find a older restore point that may work.
  5. When done, close the elevated command prompt.

If none of these resolves the issue, it may be worth creating a new Windows user log-in with administrative privileges, and try running the game from there, and see if that resolves your issue.
If you continue to have issues, please feel free to reply directly to this ticket.

Reply 4:

I installed windows 5 days ago I am running windows 10 SFC /scannow produced no errors.
The game is not even crashing.
What makes you say that I have core windows DLL file crashes, I can see none of this in the log, please show me the specific line in any of those logs I provided that indicates this.
I am not even getting crashes in the game, did you actually watch the video I supplied? I am having performance issues, the game is using 100% of both my GPUS even in the game menus.

Please for the love of GOD, watch this video I made, so you don’t keep making these basic errors.

Please watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laHv4hJ47bw

Just to satisfy and rule everything out I reinstalled windows, I only installed AMD driver battleborn and steam and of course the battleborn requirements.

Nothing changed, so you are going to tell me that a file is corrupt on a fresh install of windows 10?

If you don’t believe me I can reinstall it again and film it from my phone.

Support Reply 4:

Joao F.
May 14, 10:09 AM
Thank you for contacting 2K Support. Another thanks for having sent the video.
I understand having low FPS is not pleasant. We are trying to help you as many different features may interfere in FPS and graphics. Regarding the “.dll file crashes” they were found in the pasted part of the Msinfo you have sent.
Proceeding with our troubleshooting, does your computer use AMD Crossfire?
It can sometimes happen that a Crossfire setup causes trouble with certain games. In order to isolate and troubleshoot the problem, we would like you try and deactivate Crossfire. The steps below should assist with that;

1. Right-click your desktop and select “Catalyst Control Center”.
  2. On the upper-left click “Graphics”, then “CrossfireX”.
  3. In the main area of the window, uncheck the “Enable Crossfire” option.
  4. Click “OK” to accept the changes and close the Control Center.

To make doubly sure that Crossfire is no longer being used, you could also deactivate the 2nd card in your Windows Control Panel.

1. Navigate to the Windows Control Panel.
  2. Select the Device Manager.
  3. Graphics cards should show up under ‘Display Adapters’.
  4. On ‘properties’, please go to ‘driver’ and select ‘disable’. Please make sure that you choose the correct card, not the main one where your monitor is plugged in.

Should the above steps not resolve your issue, or if you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

My Reply 5:

Joe, can you paste back to me the specific part from the MSinfo that I sent you, that indicated I have corrupt windows .dll files.

I have tried it with and without crossfire, if you had read the original support request, I have already stated this.

Support Reply 5:

Joao F.
May 17, 2:17 PM
Thank you for contact 2K Support.
I’m sorry to see that you’re still experiencing low FPS in Battleborn. In order to help you out with that please try running the game in a “Clean Boot” of Windows to see if there is any other program interfering with the game.
The instructions on how to do this are here
The article also explains how to boot back into your normal Windows environment.
Also, please re-verify your game integrity once again while in Clean Boot before launching your game. To do so;

1. From within the Steam Library page, right-click on your game and select “Properties”.
  2. From within the “Local Files” tab select the option to “Verify Integrity of Game Cache”.
    That’s it!
    Hopefully that’ll help with your issue but should you have any questions regarding any of the troubleshooting steps, or any further comments or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask.

My Reply 6:

I reinstalled windows anyway, and the issues, persist, there was nothing wrong with my windows installation, and you have failed to provide me with the reference to the lies you said about corrupt windows dlls. The game also makes me feel sick and dizzy, and gives me headaches.

You really know how to make someone frustrated.

Support reply 6:

Joao F.
May 19, 7:11 AM
Thank you for contacting 2K Support.
I understand that low FPS is quite unpleasant and we are definitely committed to help you solve this problem. Playing on PC sometimes may be a bit challenging as lots of different components interfere in our gaming performance.
If the none of the troubleshooting could fix it, I would now recommend doing the following:

1. Launch Task manager
    Press the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] keys on the keyboard at the same time, or right click the Taskbar, and select Task manager.
  2. Run a new Windows task
    When the Task manager window opens, click the More details option to expand it, then select Run new task from the File menu.
  3. Run Windows PowerShell
    When the Run new task dialog box opens, type powershell, tick the box for Create this task with administrative privileges and click OK.
  4. Run the System File Checker again
    Type sfc /scannow into the window and press the [Return] key. The scan may take some time and will end with one of three results. Windows did not find any integrity violations and Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them mean there are now no corrupt files, but Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them indicates a problem.
    In this latter case, type (or copy and paste) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth into the PowerShell window and press the [Return] key. This will download files from Windows Update to replace the corrupt ones and, again, this may take some time.

Should that fail, you may send us an updated and complete Msinfo with all errors. As the first Msinfo didn’t come with all information, we were only able to see the errors you pasted on 05/13/2016. After having a complete Msinfo file, we should be able to better investigate that.
If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.
Have a great day.

Wow you’re right that is bloody terrible. You poor bastard.

I live in Western Australia and told support I was getting bad lag (which has since been acknowledged by GBX as an issue). Do you know what they told me? Turn it off and on again. Lol

2 Likes

Ye, that’s the typical response from someone who has no clue, and is reading from a sheet.

I feel sorry for you.

When they get things right, 2K support are pretty good. I’ve had similar issues with support staff demonstrating a clear Failure to Read, though, and that is very frustrating. I suspect the problem is partly that they are short-staffed on the help desk (seems to be the norm everywhere these days), but also that everything is done by chat/email. There are times when you just want to be able to talk to the person, as it would all be so much faster (and they wouldn’t have switched between a dozen different support tickets in the meantime.)

Did you get the “How did we do?” email yet?

No I didn’t get any “How did we do?” email yet. Unfortunately my opinion is that being understaffed is no excuse for failure at reading comprehension, usually being understaffed i can see the request taking longer than usual but more importantly, if the guy actually read the content of my responses properly, he can see I have made extra effort to speed things up, which should have prompted him to assign more time to my case, but it didn’t, it seemed to have the opposite effect.

They are just trying to frustrate me so I give up, but it ain’t gonna happen.

I read “Disgusting” and was expecting someone from support losing their ■■■■ and going off the wire. This reads more as “Leaves MUCH to be desired” or even just simply “Grossly incompetent” though I suppose if you’re someone who has a better understanding of systems and tech their responses would disgust you. Still, I’m assuming this ticket, among possibly many others, were pawned onto inexperienced staff to mitigate workload? It happens at times, and the canned responses definitely sound like “I’m new, have no idea what’s going on and they just told me to use these responses to everything.”

Well, I guess “disgusting” is subjective, like you said. To me it is disgusting, its also rude, to constantly treat a person as though they are at fault and not view the situation objectively. Ignoring previous replies with clear information and then repeatedly asking for the same information is what I term “Disgusting” behavior.

When I read between the lines, it goes like this “Your PC components are ■■■■” and your “windows installation is ■■■■”,
your computer sucks, its not our fault, now xxxx off, but hey maybe that’s just me.