Server kicking out players

so i just played a public pve match and after defending the second point in renegade the server kicked us all out. is this happening to others too? haven’t they got a few more servers that can handle the new players? i am really hyped to get back into the game with an actual playerbase.

1 Like

Well, one of two things. I know Steam does support on Tuesdays, which ends up kicking everyone out as you go off-line briefly, but it’s usually later in the day so I doubt that’s it.

-or-

Big update means there’s bound to be a bug or two that you can’t normally test internally with hundreds of people connecting. Given the importance of this update, I have no doubt they’d have it fixed quickly.

Happened to me aswell
I have played the renegade 3 times so far and everytime i lost connection at the same point as you.
The first two times public multiplayer 3rd run was solo
Other missions have been ok.

After trying the free version, I bought the game to play the story mode, and when I tried to play the prologue of the story, says, connection lost with server. The game after trying to connect to the server 2 times, restarting the countdown, says, connection lost. I’m not the only one with this problem.

Edit: Steam Europe

Hey guys,

A few questions for those of you who are experiencing this:

-What platform are you playing on?
-How often have you noticed this issue (if more than once)
-How noticeable is it? (If you’re getting kicked, it’s probably pretty noticeable)
-How many games has it happened in? (If more than one)

Finally…

If you can give me your support ID, that would be very helpful!

As you guys are able to post this info, I’ll pass it on to the team and we’ll see what we can do to look into this for you guys.

Thanks!

Servers have been lagging for everyone on PS4.
Very noticeable and has occurred in multiple matches.

3 Likes

Plattform: PC(Steam version)
noticed 4 times so far (tried it again just to check)
very noticeable
4 games (always at the same point in the renegade)

Shift Support ID: F23NYH7H

1 Like

-What platform are you playing on?
Steam in Europe
-How often have you noticed this issue (if more than once)
Always trying to start story prologue.
-How noticeable is it? (If you’re getting kicked, it’s probably pretty noticeable)
Connection lost with server.
-How many games has it happened in? (If more than one)
Always trying to start story prologue.
-More details:
Im account level 3, when i click in story prologue, a countdown start, when it reach 0, the countdown starts again, when it ends, it says “connection lost with the server”, i tried again, the same happens. Multiplayer works perfectly fine. I activated Upnp and open ports, restart router, restart network adapter, flushdns/registernds/release/renew…i dont think it is an issue with my network.
-Support shift ID: XH74X9NF

Thanks!

1 Like

platform: Steam Europe

noticeability: very noticable, i got the server connection lost sign on the top left corner of the screen, wrote my teammate i’ll get kicked and he said it’s the same for him. A few seconds later i lost connection completely. The match doesn’t show up in the match history.

how often: once on renegade after the second defense. multiplayer seems not affected.

Shift Support ID: 356UNP69

My problem is with the Story Prologue only (yes I have the Ultimate Badass Edition)

-What platform are you playing on? Steam Europe
-How often have you noticed this issue? At least 30x (everytime I tried)
-How noticeable is it? Very noticeable
-How many games has it happened in? Everytime I try to play Story Prologue It will try to connect to a dedicated server:

But after 2 minutes I always get "Your connection to the server was lost"

-Support ID CYBP7ZSJ
-NAT Moderate

2 Likes

-What platform are you playing on? PS4, Retail version - Europe Server
-How often have you noticed this issue (if more than once) The server loses connection everytime I try to play the Prologue but it also happens when trying to play the Operations or attempting to enter a Meltdown match.
-How noticeable is it? (If you’re getting kicked, it’s probably pretty noticeable) Very noticeable
-How many games has it happened in? (If more than one) At least 90% of my games are affected by this.

Support ID: 2U29XXTK

UPDATE, already fixed to me. I dont know about other players.