Settings Will Not Save. Help Please!

(Brad) #1

I just got Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel on PC. I bought it on steam during the winter sale. When I launched the game from steam it opened up the Borderlands launcher and I’d figure I’d change the graphic settings before I start. So I changed the settings to my liking then hit “Apply”. I then got a message saying: Failed to save your settings. Could not find ‘C:/Users/brad1/OneDrive/Documents/MyGames/Borderlands2/WillowGame/Config’. I don’t know why it’s looking in there. I’ve saved everything into my D drive I believe and that’s where steam and my games are saved. I don’t even have OneDrive installed currently. I tried going in game and changing the settings and that also did not work. I’ve been trying to find a solution for a while, but I’ve had no luck. Any help would be amazing thanks!

(Isthiswill) #2

In steam go to settings under the leftmost menu. Select downloads on the left and verify that the game library on the right where your games are installed where you think they are. It will loist5 the full path of any save locations on connected drives and allow to add one if it is missing.

(I open all boxes) #3

The launcher settings will be saved under your user’s Documents folder. Is your Documents folder under C:\Users\brad1? Check if there is a C:\Users\brad1\Documents\My Games\borderlands2\willowgame\Config folder. That is where they are normally saved.

Also, right click on Borderlands 2 (on the left panel) and select Properties, under the LOCAL FILES tab, try Verify Integrity of the Game Files…

There will probably be one file that gets re-downloaded, but that shouldn’t affect the config or saved games, but it wouldn’t hurt to check.