Shepard Minions in Incursion

Can we bring back those Shepard minions in incursion? They were awesome when they came every four rounds. I cannot think of any reason why they removed them. They made every fourth round much much more interesting.

2 Likes

Agreed. I was surprised to go back to Incursion after a lot of Meltdown and feel like something was missing. I would’ve thought that they’d add it back in the last patch.

2 Likes

I think they need to bring them back but do the inverse of what they originally did with them. That would mean if someone takes down a teams sentry that team that lost a sentry gets shepherds. Before they changed it to all shepherds all the time and all together removing them it was the winning team getting shepherds and it was a steam roll. The problem I think they were having was shepherds were getting clogged up and blocking the way out of the bases.

3 Likes

See that’s exactly what I thought as well when I first played incursion! I think it would really stop steamrolling if the losing team got Shepards to help them push back a little bit!

Why were they taken out again ?

1 Like

I honestly cannot remember, but I think the first time they were taken out was because the pushing team would steamroll the losing side after the first sentry. But I don’t remember seeing anything about why they were taken out this time.

They were taken out because there would be groups of 5 or 6 shepherds spawning at once and would steamroll the other team. I forgot what update they released that introduced this glitch. Perhaps they removed them entirely to see how things went.

2 Likes

Yeah. Lost a match thanks to that glitch of spawning a group of like 5-6 shepards. Not too big a deal cause they don’t do damage (correct me if I’m wrong), unless the enemy team sees this. Then they become stupid hard to kill and are able to just tank the sentry with the constant overshield impulses.
Seriously…they need to bring them back and have them only spawn on teams that lost their first sentry. This could make a difference in the heat of the match and help even up the score.
They need to do something to address the snowballing of the losing team.

2 Likes

imo Shepard bots don’t really belong in Incursion. Things are a lot better now that they’re gone.

2 Likes

They were very VERY annoying, but they kinda did their jobs. They made players stay near the bots, rather than do what they currently do, which is hide.

If they do bring them back, they need to make changes to the way the function in incursion. Less frequent shields, please.

1 Like

I miss the Shepard bots. I think it would be fine if they fixed the bug (obviously) and only gave Shepard bots to the team who lost their first sentry.

3 Likes