Shift code "not existing"

I am playing borderlands 2 with my friend on xbox live, and he is able to enter and use codes that I am not able to use. When I try and enter them they say that the codes do not exist.

1 Like

That is an odd error message. Are you correctly signed in to shift in your game? You should see a message popup during the game launch before or just after you get to the main game menu. And, just to confirm, you have a current XBL Gold subscription? Is this on 360 or XB1?

1 Like

It is a current XBLG subscription for XB1. I’ll double check the shift sign in.

1 Like

OK. Just got you moved to the correct section of the forums. Have you been able to redeem any shift codes prior to this? If so, you should see your last five or so redemptions listed in the shift history.

1 Like

It didn’t give me a pop up saying I was signed into shift. How do I sign in to shift on my Borderlands 2 account?

1 Like

I was able to use a shift code on April 25th but it hasn’t worked since then.

1 Like

I figured it out. Apparently the terms of service had changed since then so I had to agree to the terms of service again.

1 Like

When you launch the game and hit the “start” button at the splash screen, you should see a small progress box pop up in the lower left of the screen. It’ll say something like “Checking for downloadable content” and then “Authenticating to SHiFT”, followed by “Sign in successful” or something like that. It’s easy to miss if you have a fast load and you hit “Continue” straight away, so just wait at the main game menu. Then you should be able to see your previous redemptions when you hit the options/extras and go to the shift menu. (Sorry this isn’t very exact - working from memory as I can’t get to my XB1 right now to check specific details).

There are a few things that can go wrong: Sign-in may have been unsuccessful due to server maintenance or accidentally using the wrong email address when trying to associate your GT with your SHiFT account.

Assuming sign-in and linking are good, the only other thing would be if you got an incorrect character in the code while entering it. Double-check carefully, especially things like B/8 and S/Z/5.

If you’re still having trouble, you can file an official support ticket here:

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200330430-Borderlands-The-Handsome-Collection

Ah, glad you got it sorted out! Ignore my previous post, then!

Thank you very much for the assistance. Happy Vault Hunting!