SHiFT Codes not working?

Hi all,

I just redeemed 5-6 SHiFT codes on the website to be used with my xbox account. It says in game that I have rewards, but I have no keys on my account.

Thoughts?

1 Like

It seems to be a common problem.

First, if you had more than ~200 keys on your account before you redeemed the extra codes, those extra keys won’t show up until after you’ve spent some.

If that’s not the case, you could try unlinking and then re-linking your XBL account on the shift web site.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to file a support ticket for further assistance.

1 Like

Unlinked and relinked. Will try again and let you know. Thank you for the reply.

1 Like

Hey man, if you have the handsome jack collection all you have to do is sign in to the pre sequel and accept the terms of service on that game. For some reason it needs both of them accepted before you can sign in. Once you do that go to the menu on the pre sequel and check the switch account and see if it’s on there. Once I did that I went back to bl2 and it was already loaded up with my keys and switch account.

3 Likes

I’m using the Borderlands 2 on Xbox gamepass

1 Like

Is anything showing up on the in-game shift menu under the rewards list?

1 Like

Yes. They are showing on the main menu shift rewards page, but the keys are not awarded in game. I submitted a ticket but no response yet.

1 Like

You should at least get an autoreply with a ticket number - check that it didn’t go into your spam folder, and make sure you white list the address if it did.

1 Like

Thanks. This worked for me!

1 Like

What if none of this worked for you?

1 Like

Then you’ll need to file a support ticket using the link I included in the 2nd post ^^^

I am having an issue redeeming shift codes on the handsome collection on xbox one x. Particularly on BL2. I enter the codes and says cannot be redeemed. I check the codes on the website and it redeems them but the golden keys do not show up in game. I have had this happen on several codes that total roughly 50 keys. I do not have any keys right now so I know I have not hit the limit.

1 Like

It sounds like an issue with the account association or shift connection when you launch the game. You can try doing a power reset on your console to clear cached data and seeing if that clears things up. Also check on the Rewards tab of the in-game menu to see if the codes you redeemed via the web site are showing up there also.

After that, if you are still having problems, you will need to file a support ticket for assistance in trouble-shooting your account and link. You’ll want to grab your SHIFT support ID for that; instructions on how to access it are on the support ticket form.

1 Like

Hi there. I redeemed quite a few shift codes recently. I have pretty much received all the other items from the codes (cosmetics, relics and guns), but none of the golden keys have appeared. Is there something I am meant to do? Or is it not working?

Merged you in to the main thread. As noted above, if the key codes are showing as redeemed on the in-game shift rewards tab and your total keys registered to your account is <200-230, then something has gone wrong and you will need to file a support ticket (link is in several posts above).