Before I decided to be done with the game, I had some possible threads planned: an in-depth St4ckbot and Class Mods guide, a Hunter Skills guide and some other specific skills for testing. It’s unlikely those will happen, so anything that I find the will to write about will be added here. Not sure if this will ever get proper formatting so, sorry in advance.
Seeing as I got gifted the DLC, it’s fitting that go I out of my way to show and further prove how Trapper is a buggy, broken unfinished mess. So, naturally, here’s
In case you needed any more proof that Trapper is an unfinished mess
At 1/5 Monkey Do
- When the pet crits, FL4K gets a x1.86 multiplier to their next shot’s damage.
- Damage is converted to kinetic. Goodbye Scorcher multiplier.
- Applies to Splash and Bonus Elements. Works just like legendary amp, meaning multi-pellets make it worthless. Not additive to anything, so it’s essentially its own Amp.
- Pet gets x1.14 crit.
At 5/5 Monkey Do
- When the pet crits, FL4K gets a x1.86 multiplier to their next shot’s damage. Yes, the same as 1/5.
- Same stuff as above.
- Pet gets x1.7 crit.
Yes, the character with most multi-pellet synergy gets a skill that says screw that, have a legendary amp effect. At 1/5, the skill is already stronger than what the card says it is at 5/5 for FL4K. The listed value is completely wrong on all occasions, investing more than 1 point is worthless unless you want to make your pet less worthless.
Of course, the pet crit is completely in line with the card’s increase though.
Funniest of all, if the skill ever gets fixed, it’s effectively a nerf.
- Now works without a pet equipped
- Skill card is misleading and the skill was not reworked in the way its implied (and not exactly reworked at all: just a weirdly thought out effect was added on top)
Original Damage Received: 5753
With Spirit up: 3836
Pet healed for: 1741
Pet gets healed by ~45% of the the hit Shared spirit applied to, meaning ~45% of 3836. That, or its healed by ~30% of the original damage received.
The skill is still functionally the same for FL4K: A 33% Damage Reduction when at or below 30% health. The good thing out of this is that it seems like there’s no damage sharing at all now, so no killing the pet by accident through Shared Spirit.
Let’s start by the best: how Purple tree affects St4ckbot! I promise you will be surprised.
- Loaders can stack St4ckbot with Throatripper
- Using the second line here so you get disappointed when you find out after reading this quite long sentence that the Loaders also just reset St4ckbot anyway, whenever they don’t crit.
Other St4ckbot reset tests:
- Non-Loader pets: Seems like they don’t reset it all it anymore, but there’s some new things to test.
- Non-crits from a gun: resets.
- Non-crit splash from a gun (like OPQ’s spawned explosion): resets, but if it crits it won’t. In the case of OPQ that’s only achievable through Megavore.
- Grenades in general: don’t reset.
- Hunter Seeker: resets, counts as a gun damage source. Doesn’t benefit from the gun damage increase.
- Barrels: if the impact that hit them was a crit (Fade/Megavore proc), it won’t reset (will actually stack). If it wasn’t, it’ll reset. The barrel’s explosion does not reset the effect anymore. Meleeing or Face-punching a barrel won’t reset it.
- Shield Novas and Stinger: don’t reset.
- Reflect shields: resets. Don’t benefit from the gun damage increase
- Tediore Reloads: the ones that spawn bullets (like Bangarang, Brightside) will reset it when they hit something because of the bullets counting as a gun damage source. The explosions, MIRVs and the rest from the throws won’t reset it. Shooting the “Shoot Me” Mod Type will reset it.
- Melee/Face-puncher: melee does not reset it. Face-puncher can’t reset or stack it (even if on Fade), but benefits from the gun damage increase.
- Artifacts: don’t reset. Includes Static Charge, White Elephant and all the others.
- Going into FFYL: resets.
- Fast traveling: resets if between zones, but not within the same zone.
- Hitting an “Immune” Enemy: doesn’t reset.
- Shooting elemental pipes (like the ones in Slaughter Shaft): resets.
- Shooting a Skag Pile: doesn’t reset.
- Pestilence Reload Explosion: doesn’t reset. Benefits from the Gun Damage increase.
- Kill-O’-The-Wisp: chains don’t reset, but the orb’s impact and splash explosion does if it hits a valid target (for a reset).
- Ten Gallon: drone doesn’t reset. Benefits from the gun damage increase.
- Root, Cutsman, Eruption reload, Gargoyle’s and its special projectiles, Plaguebearer and Lump: all reset and fall under the “Non-crit from a gun” category, but were tested specifically due to their weird nature. Lump seems to reset only due to the final projectiles it sends out (probably needs more confirmation)
- Beacon Nova: doesn’t reset. Benefits from the gun damage increase.
- Messy Breakup Drone: doesn’t reset. Doesn’t stack or benefit from the gun damage increase.
All in all this is just a long way of telling you that Facepuncher is the only St4ckbot gun you can use in the way you would like to use any of the other, more fun guns. The more this class mod gets fixed, the more its inherently bad design idea shows.
Pet Crits with Throatripper
Base Crit of x2.42 - Likely because it carries a Jakobs pistol, so
2 x Manufacter Inherent Bonus (1.1) x Weapon Card Crit (1.1)
Can always just use 2.42 for the base, without worrying about this technicality.
Base Crit of x2.
Base Crit of x2.78 - Likely because it carries a Hyperion Sniper, so
2 x Manufacturer Inherent Bonus (1.05) x Sniper Bonus (1.2) x Weapon Card Crit (x1.1)
Can always just use 2.78 for the base, without worrying about this technicality.
Weird. It looks like their base crit might be lower, but at the moment it’s hard to even make out if each pellet can proc Throatripper or not, due to their inaccuracy. So just unconfirmed for now.
Domination/Confusion and Chaining Effects
- Reflux chains to FL4K/Pet when shooting a dominated target (doesn’t damage you): this effectively allows us to use chains against [applicable] single targets when you have Dominance/Tr4iner/Blind With Anger (for your own sake I hope it’s just Dominance).
Anointments - While Fade Away/Snare is Active Gain Weapon Damage
- As I feared, there seems to be a certain lack of awareness about what already existed in the game: these anointments are Gun Damage, and only 100% at that. What this means is that the 200% ASA generic anointment is superior to both of these in any situation you can ever imagine, and that one is already a subpar anointment on FL4K, because the builds that would usually best utilize it are already stacked on Gun Damage.
- These anointments do nothing but hurt a build. Skipping them completely for their much better alternatives is recommended.
Not My Circus and Loader Pets
- This augment is great of course, but it has some clunk/inconsistencies attached to it. You will rejoice in knowing that it’s extremely consistent with the Loader pets: it just never works.