i hope some people here with a lot of playtime can help me with my problem/decision, if i should buy the Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition for 50€ (in sale) and if its worth it for me.
The last week i did read a ton in the forums, reddit, looked at vids and reviews etc. And seen alot of vids with people nearly oneshoting everything even in true takedowns and are never close to death even normal lets plays are similar. And legendaries did drop like worthless trash in other games… and i did think, where is the fun in that?
After all that, I have a big concerns about the longevity and the difficulty of the game and if its worth it for me. So i have a few questions.
Keep in mind, If i buy the game i will not look up guides/builds or buy vendor-items from higher mayhem levels, where i am not playing at. (feels a bit like cheating to me and a big oversight from GBX). But nevertheless because i love theory-crafting and to crunsh the numbers, i think i will come across meta-builds anyway.
And i dont care about coop and the story is not that important to me.
1. How long does it approximately take to get to lvl 65 and be able to farm mayhem 10 without big problems? (without glitches and cheesy tricks) Basically when is the game not challenging anymore. And when comes the point where you only farm for good anointments at mayhem 10.
2. Which modifers are the hardest ones for a very challenging gameplay at mayhem 10? (online i have found a million results for the easiest, but none for the hardest)
At first look i liked these, because they seems hard and add something to the gameplay.
Medium: Mob Mentality/Freeze Tag/Healy Avenger
Hard: Chain Gang/Laser Fare
Very Hard: Post Mortem/Rogue Lite
And is the game with hard ones longer challenging and poses a threat (more deaths for me)?
3. Do you think in future Gearbox will add higher or nearly unfair difficulty mode to the game, something where you can farm for in the long run, just to be able to beat it?
Maybe some of you remember Inferno mode in Diablo 3 vanilla (yeah the rest of the game was crap), but i loved the challenge, progress and accomplishment you had on that mode. Your progress was slow, but every meter you did beat and every little upgrade did matter and made you proud.
4. Do you think they will add a new rarity of items? Something really rare^^
5. Should i cut the dlcs out until i reach lvl 65, to not trivialize the content?
6. Is there really absolutly no single difference between nvhm mayhem x and tvhm mayhem x, beside a story reset? And it did read some things do not reset because they are once per character, which ones are these?
I know its really a lot of questions, but i hope some of you will help and answer me.
Thanks in advance to all and sorry, english is not my main language.