Should ronin bots be toned down?

In my opinion ronin bots are a bit ridiculous right now especially when there’s 2-3 of them. They literally slow you and burst you down better than any other enemy.
What’s your opinion on this?

1 Like

They were toned down heavily with the slow change. They are far more manageable now. There are certain spawn combinations and areas that are unfair in general but that’s the issue in it itself.

I’m actually okay with them. Their health is very low, so they’re easy to kill

1 Like

Nah, they’re annoying, but fair.

1 Like

hmmm maybe the problem I have isn’t with the ronins themselves but rather the spawning. It always seems to pit me against 3-4 of them and I die in an instant. Once I’m hit by one three more hit me

2 Likes

I’ve seen about 7+ Ronin spawn in the Henchman fight area before…needless to say our entire team went down.

2 Likes

My opinion is they indeed may be a pain, but mostly in tight places in the Algorithm. In the Experiment there is enough space to have a much more comfortable fight.

I’d be glad if they’d be nerfed again, but still I prefer a different approach: instead of nerfing ronins, make shield piercing damage do crits (in PVE). That way I’d just equip any shield peircing item and kill ronins and other shielded enemies much faster. As for now, shield piercing is useless in PVE for most characters.

1 Like

While I get what you’re saying about shield penetration, lots of gear won’t even be activated yet by the time you face the ronins (most encounters are at the beginning of the level).

I’m ok with them as they are for the most part though. Backpedal and kite them like crazy. Tough to do as a solo melee though.

1 Like

it’s more of a spawning problem for me, ronins are hard but fair when they aren’t thrown in 7+ packs at you.

1 Like

That’s what I don’t like about ronins 3-4 of them are a wrecking crew. One ronin is easy to deal with but 7+ is impossible

1 Like

On maps with Ronin I try to bring in shield penetration gear, it is really useful against them since they don’t have much health.

I love having to actually face murder machines. Everything else is too little of a threat

Their health is quite low so if shield penetration would crit even a white item would become useful.

1 Like

Or stack the white (or full health blue), which can be activated very early, with a character with natural shield pen like Attikus and Ronin turn into minion bots

I’d prefer to use a certain gear in that mission rather than to be limited to very few heroes to choose from.

They’re the most annoying enemy type in Algorithm. With good team play they’re fine. Solo melee players will have a bit of trouble, but still can prevail.

For a solo melee player ronins are a least problem in the Algorithm…