Should there be unique vault hunter missions?

and what i mean by that is like occasionally every once in a while in the story there will be an exclusive mission for whichever vault hunter you’re playing as. i honestly think that would really develop the characters as well as change it up and not have the same missions all over again when you try a new vault hunter, obviously it would be a side mission, what are your thoughts

3 Likes

Yeah, I like character development in my games, and having different missions help to break up the sameness of playthroughs. I wouldn’t say they “should” put them in the BL3 but I’d welcome them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It would be pretty cool but I’m not sure how they would pull it off. Say you were playing as FL4K and you’re at a point in the story where there would normally be a unique mission for Amara. I’m guessing that mission wouldn’t be available. But what if you’re playing in co-op and your buddy is Amara. Would it be there even though they aren’t the host? It seems complicated.

I really liked the ECHO Recorders in BL2 that gave backstory for the playable characters. I’m sure they’ll at least implement those again and I’m stoked about that.

4 Likes

It seems simple to me but perhaps it’s just me assuming how it should be done. I’d think only the hosts mission is there and friends can tag along but it’s not their story. Then the host and whoever else can switch and do the others quest. Assuming Borderlands 3 is as easy to drop-in and out of as BL2 was it’d work just fine imo.

Still, I doubt they’ll put the missions in but it’s interesting to think about.

3 Likes

100% Agree.

2 Likes

Most likely it would be character back story’s if they did something like this!

I wouldn’t say no… would look at it more like, “extra mission for x character” instead of, “x-3 missions for the other characters”, but this seems more like a time/place for map/weapon challenges instead of side missions?

Doubt it’ll happen but I’d love it. Wasn’t the Son of Crawmerax pack pretty much this?

Anything that makes the player characters feel more involved than just random mercs who showed up is A-OK by me.

2 Likes