Should we discuss what happens if BL3 is Epic Store exclusive?

I’m equally as thankful I have an Xbox but feel bad for the folks that won’t play on Epic. I wouldn’t either and if I were in that boat and I’d rush out and get a console just to play it on release day !

now to wait for the steam release

3 Likes

He’s right you know. I have a bitchin’ pc. But you are FORCING me to play on console. There’s literally no other viable option.

Also, same thing with the collectors’ edition. WHY do you not sell these things with pc and not just consoles?

3 Likes

While abit of a disappointment that it would be an EGS eclusive, its not an absolute dealbreaker for me. The question is how do these exclusives work? Ultimately, I still vastly prefer Steam as a launcher because the option to play offline is huge for me. Say I purchase the game on EGS during the pre-order period. After the exclusivity period ends, and the game becomes available on Steam, will I have to purchase the game again, or will there be some sort of redemption code to get it on Steam for free? Any clarification on this will be helpful.

2 Likes

I even thought about upgrading my computer with a new GPU, but cursed be EGS.

I wasn’t aware of how ■■■■■■ was EGS until I read about its problems. Damned be 2K.

6 Likes

you almost certainly have to rebuy. at full price. Gearbox has laid them self into a coffin and shot themselves having it an epic exclusive. Especially their biggest flagship game.

2 Likes

Sounds sad especially knowing 2k’s the one laying Gearbox into the coffin.

3 Likes

I’m new to PC, just built my first rig as a substitution for the midlife crisis sports car (since I’m only into functional vehicles).

I am so overwhelmed by all of these PC problems…I have purchased all the previous Borderlands stuff on Steam (all DLC included). I REALLY want to play B3 on PC, but this Epic business is quite the pooptrainwreck. For all of you more experienced PC peeps, any chance EGS will vastly improve by release? I have a PS4, so can fall back to that, bit now that I have a gaming PC, I was pretty much only going to do PS4 exclusives on it.

You don’t want to see what happens when malware “improves”

3 Likes

Well another customer gone.
And don’t get me started about poor Gearbox. They chose their publisher and at least Randy knew about the exclusivity deal in advance.
They sold out once, they will sell out twice. Expect pay 2 win mechanics to be in BL 3. 2K is really good at that but not much else.
BL 3 was expected to be the salvation for Take 2 and 2K well those measily dollars you got from EGS won’t save you, cause with this deal you lost yourself a lot of paying customers. Me included and cause I want to set an example I will neither get it on steam 6 month later.

4 Likes

Epic’s been paying devs or publishers to get the exclusives.

Does it mean something to you?
"Hey, we’re ■■■■ ass mediocre store, but we got money from the Chinese, let’s screw steam by throwing money at the devs and publishers!!_

8 Likes

You know what’s the saddest part of all?
Epic used to be one of THE developers few years ago.

Unreal Tournament 2004?, YES PLEASE!
Fortnite?, I don’t mind. But the ego went too far on them, and the FN’s playerbase is shrinking quickly

3 Likes

The fact that it is just epic throwing money around is a larger issue in my mind than the fact that Steam has no good competition. If Publishers were preferring it just due to the decreased take that would be one thing, but Epic is paying Publishers to not release on Steam. This is different than say PS or Xbox exclusives in my mind as those are separate Platforms. This is just separate stores.

5 Likes

What if gearbox agreed to 6 months exclusive. But started it like, right now :joy: i could wait a month after release.

Yup. Regardless of quality concerns, I totally want to own a sequel on another platform. It’s very convenient to not have everything in one place.

I also like to keep a book shelf with encyclopedia volumes A-H in the living room, and I-Z in the basement of my creepy neighbor.

5 Likes

I meant when a series is first released, if it suddenly becomes console exclusive part way through the series that is an issue.

Why will they release Borderlands 3 on the epic games store? All other borderland games are on steam probably everybody that plays borderlands play them on steam. Epic games doesn’t have achievements or offline play. And most people dislike the spyware. The only thing that comes from the epic store is money and nothing else. It’s just greed they are focusing on money rather than having the community be happy.

People always say “it’s good competition for Steam” how? Steam is already a much better platform than the Epic store, all Epic has going for them is exclusivity. Valve isn’t sweating and thinking “oh my god, the Epic store has so many amazing features, we really need to up our game!”. Literally the only benefit is that Epic is sniping exclusivity on games.

As consumers, we are forced into a worse user experience, just because companies only see us as dollar signs.

5 Likes

Just as a reminder to ALL posters, here is what Randy tweeted recently:

Please direct any questions, concerns, complaints, or requests appropriately.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Randy’s comment feels like he’s playing a get out of jail free card here. I doubt Gearbox is completely out of the loop of controlling how their creation meets the world.

6 Likes