Simple Battleborn Role Play Thread

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #1

Ok, y’all.
This thread is a simple Battleborn RP thread.

What’s that mean?
It means it’s meant to be a place where ya can go to engage in simple straightforward Battleborn role play without complex continuity, story arcs, or intense character development.

Now don’t get me wrong, I like me some complex continuity. But… it’s also a lot of fun to just do a simple creative stress release post every now an’ then. Plus, that kind of stuff can make it super inaccessible, and I kind of want this to be like an easy stress relief thing open to everyone.

RULES:

1. Every post must be in character as a Battleborn, or someone from the Battleborn universe.

2. Anyone can post as any character… there are no “claimed” characters. Which means… we could have like 12 Benedicts up in here. (Cuz ya can never have too many Benedicts)

3. All are welcome provided they obey forum rules.

4. If ya do decide to tell a complex story, just know, shenanigans can and will continue around yer posts, and they may have nothing to do with your story. The goal of this thread isn’t complex continuity or stories. It’s meant to be something anyone can get into anytime and leave whenever without feeling pressured to post or overwhelmed by continuity. If ya want more complex storytelling, or ya don’t feel like people are acknowledgin’ yer work, please start another thread just for complex story arcs with you an’ yer buddies.

5. Have fun and please try to keep the Benedict to Toby ratio above 2:1. I don’t think I could handle it if everyone started postin’ as Toby…

Beya's Battleborn fanart corner (paintings, comics, etc.)
(Super Badass Constructor ) #2

Belly-slides into the thread

I AM TOBY. DESTROYER OF WORLDS. DEVOURER OF KIPPERS. FEAR ME.

Sorry!

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #3

G****MMIT!!! WE NEED ANOTHER BENNY IN HERE!!! RIGHT STAT NOW!!!

(Touched MCHammer) #4

Benedict 15283: I’m still here.

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #5

And now for my gigantic sigh of relief…

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH…

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #6

Hi, I’m Orendi, thank you so much for inviting us. We hardly get out anymore, and OMG I love this kitchen.

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #7

Waddles into thread and sees new Toby.

Darkest timeline. DARKEST TIMELINE-

DARKEST TIMELINE!!

(The One-Armed Bandit ) #8

Ernest walks into the thread dragging a brand-spanking-new lawn chair behind him, which he flicks out with a practiced snap of his wrist, and plunks down in.

Ernest: Hmmmmm. Needs a snack bar.

(Super Badass Constructor ) #9

Toby stares at Toby as a look of shock and confusion slowly crawls across his face. He tries to open his beak, but nothing comes out

Meanwhile, some weird thread to thread anomaly happens and a robotic voice booms out, advertising a wide array of square shaped edible objects. Some strange force wont allow this massive machine to enter this thread…

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #10

(awkwardly):
So, uh… Do you like kippers…?

(Super Badass Constructor ) #11

Did you say… KIPPERS?

cutely hiccups out of excitement and quickly covers beak in embarassment

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #12

OKAY, I DO NOT DO THAT!!

IMPOSTER!!

Cute hiccup.

GRRR, DAMN IT!!

(Super Badass Constructor ) #13

Notices the other Toby “cute hiccuping”, then this Toby decides to puff up and look bigger then the other Toby to look more superior and tougher…

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #14

This Toby also proceeds to puff up. Then… This happens:

(Peace is a lie) #15

An anonymous person THROWS a bag of chips at the back of Ernest’s headband then winds up to pitch an extremely durable bottle of whiskey

(Augustus Benedict) #16

Solves this problem with a Boomsday or thirty, just to ensure the area is vaccinated of all flightless adorable birds

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #17

Respawns via ETB and headbutts the new version of Benedict in the crotch.

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #18

Loads rocket launcher.

Toby, ya realize there’s like three of us in here now… yer maybe gonna wanna attack us with somethin’… well… mildly effective. Like yer mech suit.

Squints.

Tobies, ya both have yer own mech suits right?

Grabs big gulp and unfolds a second lawn chair right next to Ernest as he glances out the window at one of the mech suits he just spaced.

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #19

Even better! It just so happens that i planned for the possibility of another me from an alternate universe eventually making his way into OUR universe, so i built in a way for up to four Bergs to form-

TOBYTRON!!

80’s anime action music starts to play from seemingly nowhere, but then Toby pushes a button on his phone, and it stops.

Seeing as I’m mathematically probable to be a genius in nearly every conceivable universe, i suspect my handsome doppleganger here did the same!

(Cast Iron Chef) #20

There’s way too much Toby in here, dudes. Oh, I know! Who’s up for some chest workouts?