Sincere gratitude for the Borderlands3 team

With September on everybody’s mind, I cant help but think that while most of us revel in the sweet glory of the BORDERLANDS 3 release announcement and preview gameplay, some folks might be making the ultimate sacrifice to make this happen. I’m writing, of course, of the people who are bringing us Borderlands 3. Without this, most humble and sacred of oblations, we would not have our long awaited and very coveted installment in the Borderlands universe. These folks can and sometimes do take on immeasurable workloads to meet impossible deadlines all while on what could seem like the verge of physical and mental colapse.
The sacrafice folks like this make can often seem thankless and soul-crushingly masochistic. I understand I’m making these people seem like they are running into warzones saving kittens, but the truth is, crunch time for game developers can be brutal. Add in some unprofessional game journalism, demanding ungrateful fans, and strain on family life due to overtime, and you’ve got yourself an existential crisis on your hands. While this may not be the case with this particular game, seriously I do not intend to disparage anyone, I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t believe that many talented people gave everything they had and then some to make Borderlands3 something special.
The reason I bring this up is so that we can all thank those who wrung out their souls to make this happen. So on behalf of fans everywhere, thank you. Without the developers, producers, artists, techs, engineers, architects, coordinators, assistants, marketers, managers, designers, planners, operators, editors, musicians, testers, quality assurance, consumer relations, the suits upstairs, and everyone I forgot to mention, none of us would be here loving one of the greatest game franchises ever.

13 Likes

Thoroughly seconded.

2 Likes

Here, here! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

While it’s true that the precedent is pretty bad in the industry, this is an accusation that is, ultimately, unfounded (in this post alone, at least). By all means be skeptical towards 2K, but I’m not a fan of presenting speculation as fact, even if you are very probably right. Or maybe I’m just being pedantic.
Iirc they said something about work on BL3 beginning 5 years ago? Maybe it’s rushed, maybe it isn’t.

In the end though, I am also grateful for all work on BL3, big or small.

1 Like

Not my intention at all. You are correct I was building off of an assumed narrative while writing passionately. I didn’t really think of how it could be seen as painting the company, or the leaders therein, in an unflattering light. Thank you for your feedback. I edited it to be more commending in tone rather than condemning. Thank you.

1 Like

Agreed. Can’t be stated enough, how much I appreciate their efforts, and especially after reading about the enormous amount of pressure there is making any game, I just want to extend my appreciation for not only this title but all of them truthfully. Even when I gripe about something and they take the time to fix it. Borderlands has changed how I view and play all video games that’s no hot air just the truth.

2 Likes

Thx for making post like this! They rly deserve prais for a game/games like this! I hope they read and get the positive feedback. Cuse this game is a Gem! Its hard to even imagen how much work and love is putted into this game… Am on my second playtrough and am so amazed over so many aspects of this one! Gearbox we <3 you!:smiley:

1 Like

I think games pay way too much for voice acting. They coulda had me for about tree fiddy :frowning:

1 Like