Sincerely, Good Job Gearbox

I am very pleased with the work you have been doing, especially with the recent weapon buff hotfix, you have definitely attended to some of the posts made on these forums and I genuinely want to thank you for doing that. Really.

I have been very displeased with the current state of the game and have made that abundantly known to the community on these forums, and by extension, most likely the developers. But you are indeed listening to what we are saying, or at least making a sincere attempt in doing so. By your efforts you have recaptured my attention, but I also ask you to not take this as reprieve or rest. There is still much to be done, and I want to be along side helping. Because, I, and many others, share a passion for this game, and the preceding games, in that they hold a special place in our lives.

With a dissatisfied satisfaction, let us keep pressing towards the perfection of this game, not as some self-centered endeavor, but as a united family that shares a purpose for the perfection of a truly special game.

4 Likes

I can definitely attest to how difficult it can be to address ALL the feedback of a community into a product. They most certainly won’t hear everything. It is true that they seem to be listening at least to a minor degree in some respects. It is unreasonable to say that they can address all feedback and, even more unreasonable, to assume that they can fix/change such things in such a short span of time.

I will say that some things have remained from launch which, while disappointing to the point of breaking a character in many ways, is expected when a large game such as this essentially uses it’s full release as a beta test. I appreciate the work the devs have done and they deserve praise for working in the conditions they have and, even more so, through the pandemic.

1 Like

Too apologetic.
Paid for the super deluxe edition. Been promised the best bl game. Still disappointed.
They flopped on the anoinments idea. Everything revolved around them, from builds to legendary world drops. Never actually succeeded in nailing them down. The game became too easy and instead of work in that they released a new mayhem mode with modifiers that never made the game more difficult, only more annoying and visually cluttered.
There’s really a few things they did right on this game: visuals, music score, qol changes when compared to bl2, vaulting and slide mechanics and… Can’t think of anything else.
A major disappointment.

15 Likes

Environments. Yes. FX. No. I can’t see the enemies most of the time. That’s a huge issue in any game, let alone a shooter.

DLC 3 music/sound was on mute most of the time. Sounded horrific.

4 Likes

And on the mayhem idea. And on the second mayhem idea.

4 Likes

Mayhem 2.0 is a consequence of the awfully implemented anoinments idea. Seemed like a very rushed decision to up the challenge for strong op builds that functioned around anointments. Funny thing is they released it along the yellowcake, opq, kaoson, reflux, monarch, etc. So you could jump into m10 in an hour or two.

I agree on the screen pollution. What I meant by visuals is the general look of the game, scenery, improvements over cell shading, etc.

1 Like

Can’t believe we’re naturalizing this kind of practices.

4 Likes

And we just found the most dangerous person in gaming right here folks.

1 Like

It’s been a more natural expectation than people would like to admit for quite awhile. But more people are stuck waiting for official fixes for games these days. Often in the days of yore it seemed like random users would step up and dole out fixes to a community when a game released with awful bugs.

@jgartenbenz
All the more reason to make yourself be heard as a consumer and paying customer since more tools are available for that matter. I’ll never commune with that passive and submissive attitude of accepting that it’s ok to pay for a completed game and get a beta version.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with that statement but sadly we have no one to blame but ourselves when it comes to companies doing it because we still buy the games. I will say though lesson learned with Gearbox that’s for sure as I have with other game companies in the past. cough…cough…Bethesda.

2 Likes

I laughed off my arse on another post with some dude taking about a second season pass… Rest assured, I’ll wait at least six month after release to buy if a BL4 ever become a reality.

5 Likes

At this point I am pretty burnt with GBX, don’t see myself spending anymore. However unless I get my check in the mail for being a beta tester for them for close to a year now and a apology letter. Also there are better games coming out soon that will be taking up my time as well as a older games in my collection.

6 Likes

To OP - I don’t know where you are getting the praise from tbh. All the problems you thank them for fixing was created by them in the first place, they have hardly listened to a word printed on these forums. It wouldn’t still be in beta form if they had. The base they had to work from was mediocre at best, and they haven’t stopped making it worse since, with the nerfs and performance destroying changes, not to mention crashes and bugs unfixed since release, also let’s not forget the vertical splitscreen debacle and the awful co-op system.
I understand that the BL titles holds a special place in peoples hearts, mine as well having platinumed every one of them, mostly twice on PS3 and PS4. I have really bought into this series, but let’s not get too carried away, this game isn’t really very special or amazing in anyway shape or form. I do hope that they make it more playable in the future, but I have enjoyed this game far less than the other 10 or so I have platted since it’s release. If they really do listen to this community then maybe it will improve but I won’t hold my breathe for that.

3 Likes

And while there’s people still pointing out bugs and balance issues… Even console players suffering crashes and drops…

…the next money grab is coming our way:

2 Likes

LoL … how about fixing the game before releasing any new Premium add-ons.
Now he is starting to sound like Bungie with the Destiny 2 debacle.
Season 1 and all DLCs were a disater, buy the second season to get the actual fixes…

3 Likes

Good luck to those that actually purchase it, learned my lesson when it comes to GBX.

“If you purchase the 2nd season pass it will take your game out of beta !!!”

2 Likes