Might also post this in its own thread, but here it is for now. Best Moze build I ever made.
Ghozte Moze, lv72.
There was a lot to look at here. This is the first time in the game where we have been able to start thinking about how Terror gear mixes with purple trees, DLC5 and 6 gear, an anointment reroll machine and 70 skill points. I have effectively built up the build again completely from scratch and a lot has changed. As I mentioned before, the build is roughly 3 times more powerful and the glass cannon nature it had earlier is diminished. Not wanting to hype it up too much, but this may be the most powerful Moze build I have ever seen.
Let’s start with the gear
There’s a wide range of guns we can go for, so we’ll come to that later, but I thought it would be worth starting with 5 particular pieces of gear which synchronise in a particular way to bring out some spectacular damage. We’ll start with one thing which hasn’t changed.
- Redundant Facepuncher.
Anoint: Melee Attacks have a 25% chance to apply Terror to yourself.
I’m actually still using the one I had at lv.65 because this is all about applying Terror to yourself. Triggering Groundbreaker easily is a nice perk, but this is really here to apply 3 stacks of Terror with extreme ease. That takes us onto our shield and grenade.
- Infernal Wish.
Anoint: While Terrified, gain ammo regeneration. The more Terror you have, the higher the bonus.
Thank goodness we have the reroll machine, because farming this would be a literal Terror otherwise. For those not in the know, the Infernal Wish grants an additional projectile per shot while your shield is up. For Moze, who has ways of keeping up her shield indefinitely, this can effectively mean double damage all the time. Then there are a few guns which can take this even further, but we will come to that later. Nice to boosters on this if you can - not only do they regen your shield, but they can also be triggered by the DOT created by the shield itself.
The anoint, I considered the Terror Health Regen but that is calculated from your max health. Now when we have a standard shield of ~290k, receiving ~3,120 per second is not very impressive. The ammo regen, however, at full stacks gives 21% of your mag per second. That’s more than double what Moze can get by going all the way down the Bottomless Mags tree. Yeah. With this, we can take all green tree damage perks and ignore the rest.
Onto the grenade.
- Cloning Maddening Tracker.
Anoint: While Terrified, gain increased damage and fire rate. The more Terror you have, the higher the bonus.
The previous iteration of this build took advantage of the Vindicator Ghast Call. Unfortunately, this grenade can’t drop with anoints (and for some reason it didn’t seem to be proccing Vampyr either) so it’s back to the old faithful. The CMT, great for proccing Vampyr and Redistribution via Pull the Holy Pin. Usually, we wouldn’t see this as a source of damage, but in this build it can put in some work.
The main thing here is the anoint. The damage is in a category of its own, applying to all sources of damage and going up to 35% at 3 stacks, and the fire rate is a substantial 21%. Combined, our damage increases by 63.35% through this anointment alone. Very powerful. I think we have been sleeping on it as a community. The possibilities are endless…
Let’s just pause for a second. So far, 3 pieces of gear. Before picking up a gun or skill point, we’re getting over triple the damage along with more ammo regen than the entire green tree — all this just for shooting your Facepuncher once or twice. That’s before adding in Urad…
- Class mod: Bloodletter.
Not normally the most powerful class mod, but when we think about how it can keep up our Infernal Wish all the time, its synergy with Urad, its gets enough punch to blow the hair back on a wookie. If possible, look for points in Desperate Measures and Phalanx Doctrine. Decent rolls would be: weapon crit, splash, action skill cooldown, action skill damage and mag size. Someone sent me a perfect one the other day: 3 Desperate Measures, 2 Phalanx Doctrine, weapon crit, splash, action skill damage. Mwah! Perfection.
Final piece of gear before we get into the skill tree.
- Atom Balm Deathless.
Previously, we procced Urad through a Storm Front/Pearl set up. The Infernal Wish replaced our shield, however, so Deathless becomes the next best move. Atom Balm fits the amount of radiation in the build extremely nicely. Suddenly our Infernal Wish is twice as bulky and those radiation explosions really kick. Mine is lv.65 and has splash, radiation damage and mag size on it. Again, mwah!
I think that’s enough on gear for now. Let’s move onto…
The skill trees.
I’ve done a lot of tweaking here, so there’s piles of explanation to go through. I’ll take it one tree at a time.
This is a pretty standard spec and definitely Moze’s best tree.
- You could easily move the Iron Bank points to Torgue Cross Promotion if you like. It depends on the weapons you want. We already have ~80% splash damage from our com and artifact so an extra 30% isn’t as good as it sounds, particularly when it comes with the added bonus of being able to kill you.
- If you find you’re not getting enough from Vampyr, feel free to take a point or two from Specialist Bear.
- Auto Bear is worth taking, a) for the damage and b) for the Guardian Takedown gimmicks I’ll mentioned in Dakka Bear below.
- I believe Fire in the Skag Den is currently boosted by Iron Bear damage so having points in Specialist Bear, Stainless Steel Bear and Scorching RPMs all help.
- Cloud of Lead. Best way to get down the tree. Not really necessary, but the little bit of damage is nice.
- Dakka Bear. Beyond co-op antics, try jumping into the turret during the crystal stages / Anathema’s bubbles in the Guardian Takedown. You’ll see…
- Stoke the Embers. One of Moze’s best skills. Grab it, grab it!
- Redistribution and Rushin’ Offensive aren’t the best, but the add a nice little bit to our ammo regen and survivability. Put these points in Scrappy if you like.
- Scorching RPMs. 3 stats which multiply with the rest our kit? Yes, please!
- Specialist Bear. Awesome multiplier for Iron Bear / Cub’s damage. Love it.
- The Iron Bank. Depending on what weapons you’re running, you may want to move these points to Torgue Cross Promotion. Less likelihood of having to reload or that bit more splash damage? Up to you.
- Security Bear is a nice pickup whether you choose to go Iron Bear or Iron Cub (and the build is good with both). Iron Cub will arguably be better because a) it’s pretty awesome already, b) it’ll benefit from urad and our terror damage anoint, c) we’ll be getting all options for the railguns.
- Armored Infantry is just to get us down to the tree.
- Drowning in Brass, 6 points in Desperate Measures and 2 points in Phalanx Doctrine gives us a base line of +100% gun damage and sometimes way more. No need to take Scrappy, Click Click, Harmonious Havoc or any other gun damage skills.
- Experimental Munitions. Not always the best, but nice when it’s boosted by urad and the Terror damage anoint.
- I tried various combos and 3 points in Thin Red Line and 1 in Vladof Ingenuity give us the highest shield while getting us down the tree.
Not much to say here, other than the fact Big Surplus gives you massive damage whenever you’re on cooldown. Worth taking, but not worth going any further down the tree.
Finally we should talk about the…
This spec is pretty open to different guns, but I do have some recommendations.
I mentioned we’re taking Urad on all our guns, right? Probably only 2 or 20 times. Well, we are. Urad on all the things.
Whichever guns we use should be a) splash weapons, b) low pellet count on account of the Infernal Wish (preferably one, but two is not that bad), c) best elements would be fire, cryo or corrosive. Shock or radiation aren’t really necessary. Urad goes very nicely on cryo weapons.
Then I’d have a few personal favourites, centred around how guns interact with the Infernal Wish:
- Guns which are already good with Moze get better. Plaguebearer, Backburner, Free Radical, Beacon, Gargoyle, Major Kong, Trevonator, Plasma Coil, Yellowcake…
- The Craps can occasionally shoot 5 pellets for the price of one. It will now shoot 10.
- Soulrender gets double skulls.
- Nukem becomes pretty tasty if you can handle the arc.
- Atlas Replay goes bonkers.
- Ember’s Purge will create pools really fast and those pools will be effected by splash bonuses, Stoke the Embers, Urad and the Terror damage anoint.
- Since the Flipper has one pellet on the card, the total number of projectiles gets doubled. After a few shots, Moze starts shooting 18 pellets.
- It might possible to make the Hive work with this set up. Just take corrosive, not radiation.
- Haven’t tested it, but a Tiggs Boom might get double comets. I should check this…
- If you wanted to try a COV version of this (especially since she now has a matching outfit), I would move the floating points from The Iron Bank / Torgue Cross Promotion to Matched Set and go with a variety of the Gargoyle, Zheitsev’s Eruption, Rebound, Globetrottr, Major Kong and Yellowcake. You’d still have plenty of splash damage and ammo regen and - 33% heat per shot for your effort.
If you want some crazy damage, shoot your Facepuncher to trigger the anoints, fire a few shots from a Plaguebearer, then switch to a urad Guardian Angel. Yeah… Your Plaguebearer will be doing 7 times the damage before the Guardian Angel gets stacked on top. Mr. Torgue would weep for joy.
And there we have it! Ghozte Moze 2.0.
Ok, maybe Mr. Torgue isn’t weeping for joy. I think he’s in love.