Slap Fishslap task

This is the only task i have left to do, but its taking me forever to complete. I’m not sure its registering when i melee the kill cause im sure i have done so. Is it melee damage I’m supposed to do? or can my pet do the damage?

the only melee stuff i have is the basic melee attack and a fishslap greneade. but i dont think they are doing it.

oddly enough, now that i need to find him, he isnt spawning as often. Ideas for the melee attacks?

1 Like

killing blow should be melee. Try using a Face Puncher.

1 Like

Isn’t that one a shotgun, yes?

1 Like

If you have Fish Slap just use that.

2 Likes

it deals melee damage.

I have few fish slap, but they are the singularity pull ones. I don’t quite like that, but it’s the only variants that have dropped.

@nat_zero_six i think i gotta hunt for that. I e had plenty drop, but didn’t pick any up.

1 Like

It might take a few tries to get right, because the killing blow needs to register to the game as melee damage.

Elemental damage, dots, and bonus damage like Moze’s Fire in the Skag Den skill won’t count if they claim the kill, even if based off the melee hit.

My advice is to carefully damage his last phase until his health is low enough to finish off with one grenade hit.

3 Likes

Turn groundbreaker off in guardian rank menu, use facepuncher if you can and don’t use any elements. It’s annoyingly easy for some other form of damage to take the credit for a kill, instead of whatever you’re trying to use, for any challenges. Good luck.

1 Like

I was hunting for a face puncher yesterday after making this post. Oddly enough, not a single drop. Since I’m using Flak, ive replaced the robot with the skag. I thought also if the skag does melee damage, it would count towards that task. Ill have to try again later today.

It won’t work.

Facepuncher is the best way to get the melee kill, hands down. You may have to turn off other abilities that grant alternative damage types to get it to count.

Update: Facepuncher is in the Black Market machine this week! (July 8th-15th, 2021)

2 Likes

oh snap. this i gotta check out. last i remember, the black market was on eden-6. i take it it moved again?

i’ll have to look at what bonuses i have and turn them off. had to replace the robot either way cause either he kills everything fast or doesnt respond to help me.

1 Like

thank goodness, it is in desolation edge i believe.

1 Like

it feels like a weak gun though. even with the +60% melee damage, it doesnt do much damage. ive had a moment to kill with melee, but damn thing killed him. now having connection issues and its getting frustrating

you can boost that further to biblical proportion.

1 Like

My biggest problem with this task is remembering that I still haven’t done it before it’s too late. Between this and Franco Firewall, I’m not doing to well so far!

1 Like
2 Likes

idk when i finished the franco one. i keep trying but i miss each time. its just for the skin, but looks like its one i’ll miss out on. i have it done once, idk how. but doing it 2 more times is taking forever with FL4K

If you use it with Amara and purple tree it just one shots everything in the game

yep. also it’s easiest to turn mayhem off so the kill registers quickly. The gun is much weaker than it used to be but with MH off it’s easy to get kills. I went in with MH off got a kill, saved/quit, got a second then the third in joey’s lair. then changed back to MH 11 so I could farm Joey for MH 10 gear.

1 Like