Slow Character Select Loading Screen

I have the Xbox Elite console. About the time Alani came out, I had all characters unlocked. Now when I go to choose a character for pvp maps, it takes about 4+ seconds for the characters to appear for me to select one. Before, it was instant. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. Much to my surprise, we played split screen and the 2nd player character select showed their characters instantly. Mine was 4 seconds later.

Why? And can it be fixed.

Mudbums

I have the exact same problem down to the split screen thing. that’s as far as I got with it.

Figured it out. The more gear load outs you have, the slower the character loading screen. Reduced it down to two and I am almost instant.

This is a lot larger of a problem now that the select screen is 45 seconds. I’m only able to choose a character for 30 seconds essentially and that’s way too short

This is the first I’ve heard of this issue. Created a ticket and asked our QA to start trying to reproduce. Thanks for the bug report!

2 Likes

Could you work on also maybe increasing load screen to 60 seconds at least in the mean time or permanently? With 30 seconds to choose a character I basically end up choosing random and can’t process how to create a good team comp on the fly like that based off other characters.

1 Like

Absolutely, we’re already on it!

Thanks for finding this out. I have noticed that my character list loads much slower than people I play with and I will be testing removing some loadouts later. (Even though I have purchased extra.)

I purchased extra as well and noticed it got slower when I filled out another gear slot. The people I play with only use one. And unused to beat their load times. So I gambled and tried reducing and I was so happy it worked.