Smallums won't die in Joey's room glitch

I see this has been posted on the Xbox forums but not in PS4. It doesn’t happen all the time but I have seen it probably a half dozen times now. Smallums will be one of the two mini-bosses in Joey’s room and you can only get them to a sliver of life but from that point forward they won’t die and thus you can’t kill Joey either. I’ve only seen this in Joey’s room as well, doesn’t happen in any other area in the mansion map. It doesn’t happen if Smallums spawns when farming in the world either. Yesterday I was farming the boss room for OPQ and Yellowcake. I had Franco and Smallums as the two mini bosses. Of the 15 times I reset the fight, Smallums glitched out three of those times.

1 Like

Could be the result of overkill, but if he takes fatal damage just as he’s transforming on his first stint in the arena he gets stuck in his immunity phase. If this is happening to you repeatedly you may want to try toggling the overkill GR perk off for his first entry. Basically, you’re killing him so hard he can’t die…

Yep, happened to me last night. I had to quit out and restart. He’s definitely bugged.

1 Like

When he bugs out you can just fast travel back to the start of the map and jog back to the arena, that also resets the fight and saves a little time.

Kinda funny, but he glitched out three times in a row a couple days ago. :smiley: But since reading about this killing him so hard he doesn’t die thing, I’ll be a little more careful about the damage I hit him with during the first phase.

1 Like

Yeah, you just gotta be really careful about killing him too quick. If you overkill him in his earlier stages, he bugs out and “dies” so he doesn’t trigger his next stage, so then he’s just stuck at 1hp forever. Happened to me a few times now too.
Best approach at the moment is to just not melt him as hard as the others; if you see Smallums, get out a less powerful gun and let his health bar lower slower, rather than one-shotting the guy. I had this problem a lot on mayhem 1 when I was farming joey for the challenges, but since I’ve upped to mayhem 6+ i’ve not got it, likely 'cause I’m not one shotting him any more lol.

1 Like

I’ve been farming him on M6 and seen it a couple of times. What I’ve done to combat it is make sure he transitions to all forms before performing the killing blow. Smallums, Big, back to small then seems okay to finish off.