Snowdrift Otto Idol: I need them. Lots of thems

I love this artifact. It’s so hard not to use once you get used to that slide speed. The huge health restore on killing enemies is also great for most builds. I have one but I need one with better modifiers (like +mag size +gun dmg etc…). I wouldn’t mind having a bunch of them with different modifiers to fit different builds better.

The problem is I rarely ever see them drop (I only have 1 I think). I read that Tyreen has a better chance to drop it but not sure if that is true and even if it is true not sure that is the most efficient method to get it. I don’t even like farming but I may have to make an exception for this even though my Transformer farming never worked out for me (still don’t have a Transformer with an anointment). Anyone have suggestions on farming this?

I’ve only gotten one Otto Idol, and it was plain. If I had any with Snowdrift, I’d happily offer them as I don’t care for Snowdrift.

1 Like

Is the slide bonus tied to the Snowdrift prefix or can you get the slide bonus on other prefixes? When I look online at a plain one it doesn’t have the slide bonus. Honestly, don’t care about the snowdrift part…just want the slide speed bonus tbh.

The plain Idol just heals on kill. And I’m using my plain Idol for just that. :wink:

It’s the slide speed that I specifically don’t want.

Yeah but it apparently also comes with these:

• Atom Balm
    Increased radiation aura damage, burst damage and burst radius.
  • Caustic Coast
    Sliding kicks up corrosive shards that explode on contact.
  • Knife Drain
    Melee attacks restore a portion of the damage dealt as health.
  • Last Stand
    Invulnerability for 5 seconds when health drops below 50%.
  • Toxic Revenger
    Slam creates a large corrosive puddle on impact.
  • Cauterizing
    Sliding deals incendiary damage and leaves a magma puddle on impact.
  • Snowdrift
    Sliding launches a snowball that does cryo damage.

However, none of them mention slide speed so not sure if you get that on all of them or just the Snowdrift variant.

Slide speed is tied to the prefix, not Otto Idol.

There are 24 (I think?) different prefixes a legendary artifact can have (14 different legendary artifacts). The only one with side speed specifically tied to the prefix is Snowdrift. Conversely, Otto Idol is the only artifact to heal you on kills.

So if you want both the slide speed and the health on kills, you’ll have to find another Snowdrift Otto Idol.

To your original question, regarding farming location, I think it’s kind of anywhere you can. I find I get the most artifacts from Graveward and Rampager, though Rampager had immunity phases so it’s a slower farm.

2 Likes

Otto Idol is a dedicated drop from Tyreen.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fkCwu0zeX1BBGcNEzWGZDr2kQ0IOPSoZQK2FD-zpw1M/edit#gid=0

2 Likes

Thanks. I did mention that in the OP but the question was if that is the easiest way to farm it or if it’s more efficient to farm something you can kill and reset faster to get it via world drop? Like Gigamind or something.

In my opinion, if I were to go for this, I’d do it via farming Tyreen.

If you simply want “good stuff” I’d agree that Tyreen is definitely NOT the best way to get it, but for something this specific, again, IMO, that’d be how I’d do it.

Also…

I don’t know if it is tied to the “luck” stat, or what, but I personally have found dedicated farming relatively reliable.

I run with an artifact that is 12.67 luck, and have gotten my guardian rank luck stat to 9.66 chance. I do dedicated farming on M1. I could be wrong on this, but my understanding is that higher level Mayhem doesn’t increase dedicated drops; it only adds world drops and it may even decrease the chance of dedicated drops in favor of world drops.

I’m not sure about any of that, but people complain about farming Borman Nates for the cutsman saying he never drops it…I’ve gotten 4 in about an hour.

It may also depend (or not) whether you play on PC, Xbox, or PS…I don’t know. I’m a PC guy.

You on PS4? I have a selection of otto idols

I think you meant to reply to me (me and @jgartenbenz have the same forum icon) but no I’m on PC not PS4. Thanks for the offer in any event!

2 Likes

No, @jgartenbenz was after otto idols without snowdrift, if I have read their post right.

I think he said he had one without it but would offer me ones with Snowdrift if he found one because he didn’t want it. In any event…look what I randomly found equipped on one of my mules:

It’s not max level but it does have +mag size which is one of the ones I was wanting so that’s a bonus. I really wish mules weren’t required and you could just keep all the loot you wanted to hoard on a single shared bank with custom tabs to let you organize it all in a sane way…but I digress.

2 Likes

for otto idol specifically, farming Tyreen on a low Mayhem level can be pretty efficient. You can bypass her last immunity phase if you deal enough damage to kill her before she jumps off the platform, you can technically do this on any Mayhem level but obviously it’s easier on lower Mayhem. Since relics can’t be anointed the low anoint rate at M1/M2 is not an issue.

1 Like

Sidartha has the right of it, and in any case I’m on XBOne, but thanks anyway.

2 Likes

Farming Tyreen is a good way to get an Otto Idol. Artifacts cannot be anointed so you can just kill her quickly on Mayhem 1 since dedicated drop rates are fixed regardless of Mayhem level.

1 Like