So about the guy who nerfs our builds/weapons, this is how he "plays" borderlands

You telling me this “skilled” borderlands 3 “player” nerfs our builds/guns and writes the patch notes ?

Seriously Gear Box ? He plays with a controller, mayhem OFF and cant even aim properly. The stream in case you didnt watched it.

Now dont get me wrong, I bet he does his job with gusto, but so far I dont see player feedback in patch notes, only gearbox employees opinion and suggestions, please listen to our feedback, from players who actually plays your game on highest difficulty, thats where the build/items synergy happens.

The hell is wrong with playing with a controller ?

1 Like

I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about

than donst ask simple

if you say so, dont need rabid jabber throwing with feces at me, go off topic section.

What are you too bad at playing FPSs that you have to use a keyboard and mouse on a PVE game?
Plus if you watch the stream its to showcase the patch not to show off skills in game.

1 Like

We get it, you play on pc.

You do realize that a person’s gaming skill doesn’t really matter if said person doesn’t improve the game with said skill. People working on a games balance are mainly working with statistics and numerical values, not the game itself. That’s how they get to their conclusions that a balance of a game is off or not. Game designers and developers are on average pretty bad at their own games and you know why? Because they don’t get to play them, they make them! If you’d let developers play their own game as a means of playtesting you would literally waste time and money and create biased results as developers would more often than not try to protect their own contributions from nerfs. For those testing purposes we have play data from normal people, costumers, playtesters etc.

5 Likes

He also spends countless hours combing through and reviewing meta data to find overwhelming consistencies and inconsistencies, and investigates why some things are more popular than others. He doesn’t have to be a god-tier player to be able to do his job, he doesn’t have the time to play the game as extensively as many of us have. We play the game, he reviews the data.

5 Likes

All true, but my main gripe about this is simply they are going about things wrong. Just because it’s popular they are wanting to make it less viable in a vain attempt to get people to play another way. The only way you can do that is to make another build equally as good, not destroying the current meta. Current issue is A thing is super strong so players are gravitating to thing A because things B and C are at best mediocre. They want to take thing A and make it worse while still only making thing B and C at best equal to this new weaker thing A leading to an overall lackluster thing because as a whole things A, B and C are now just weaker than the original thing A and not as fun as a result. This method of balance leads to a never ending cycle of weakening builds IMHO as there will always be a build people gravitate to and with this logic they will just keep making that build weaker and weaker until the character is just pointless. TLDR I prefer things being buffed to entice me to want variety more, not nerfed and forcing me to use the new 2nd best option so to speak. Dunno I just want it to be like 6 months from now so I can settle into a build and not fear it being changed in a week :confused:

5 Likes
  1. He’s trying to relay important information and play the game at the same time. This is hard and probably severely affects his skill.

2. He’s on a team so it’s not just his views that are affecting the outcomes of game balance changes.

3. He literally said they’re listening to player feedback religiously and trying to make many builds fun, not just the Fade Away OP build that you want.

4. Maybe he plays with a mouse/keyboard 90% of the time and is really skilled at it but his skills with a controller are far less.

You made a ton of assumptions when you posted this. Please think before you post trash.

2 Likes

The FL4K nerfs have led to Rakk Attack and Gamma Burst builds becoming popular, so it wasn’t a vain attempt, it was successful.

So you think the best way to handle perceived overpowered builds is to buff everything else to that level instead of nerfing the few good skills/items? Never mind the time required to do something of that calibre, but that wouldn’t fix the issue at hand, only create more. Anyway, as I said, it worked with FL4K. He’s still “viable” and now other builds are being explored. The crit build is still usable anyway. That was a very successful nerf.

1 Like

Dunno I mean they could pull it off and it end up being great. I’m just mainly frustrated right now with the ever changing nature of my Moze in particular and I don’t want her to be useless after i’ve invested so much time and effort in her :confused: They nerfed Zane before launch and he’s still coming apart at the seems, and i’m really afraid that could be the future for Moze as well and that would break my heart at the wasted time ya know? But it’s outta my hands so for now I just hope for the best and prepare for the worst while griping on the forums for fun :confused: lol

1 Like

ahahahahaha. breath. ahahahahahahaha. Get off your high horse there buddy.

1 Like

Those builds were actually starting to become popular a few days before all the nerfs. That was just really good timing

Tbf I haven’t really followed the FL4K meta too closely, the character doesn’t interest me at all. At least crit ■■■■ isn’t the dominant alpha build anymore lmao

That was a very successful nerf.

No it wasn’t. It effectively crippled the build outside of very specific gear combinations. When you know, the purpose of the nerf was supposedly to increase diversity.

The FL4K nerfs have led to Rakk Attack and Gamma Burst builds becoming popular, so it wasn’t a vain attempt, it was successful.

They are only popular because people are realising the nerfed crit build is equally terrible at M3. Now all 3 of them are pretty bad, because effectively, you re playing without an action skill with a class who isn’t built to run without one. It is incredibly obvious GB, pets and Rakk needed a buff. And it is also super obvious, especially to you, who is an Amara player, that Crit Fl4k didn’t need a nerf in mobbing - but in fact needed a buff.

So you think the best way to handle perceived overpowered builds is to buff everything else to that level instead of nerfing the few good skills/items? Never mind the time required to do something of that calibre, but that wouldn’t fix the issue at hand, only create more.

Do explain how buffing GB, Pets and Rakk base damage would actually be harmful to the game. I would love to hear whatever explanation you come up with. Fact is, people don’t run pet builds because the pets just get slaughtered by every 2nd anointed enemy you encounter, or every 3rd rocket toting badass. Well, now Crit Fl4k isn’t much better at dealing with those guys, so hey, I suppose GB achieved their intended endgoal!

What is clear is that you are just bias against the crit build because, well as you say, it doesn’t interest you. But that makes you completely unqualified to talk about the veracity of any of the nerfs and buffs. Let me just say this plainly - Crit Fl4k was never even in the same league and TTB Amara or DM Moze - and now the nerfs have made that gulf even clearer.

1 Like

I don’t like this trend of assuming we can do someone else’s job when we don’t know a ■■■■■■■ thing about how they do it.

2 Likes

Crit Fl4k was and still is more than viable in pretty much all content but the Arenas of Slaughter, which they weren’t that great in before any ways. Because glass cannons don’t work well in those scenarios. We’ve also seen here on the forums the number of builds based around the Rakk or pet, and our quality of understanding of those builds go up. It worked, the evidence of so is plainly visible.

People are soloing Slaughter Shaft with pet builds.

The well documented scenario of power creep.

3 Likes