So... Dante's Requiem

Just had a great FFA with @Dechuri and @JAV1L15. Had a ton of fun annihilating the two of you!

Anyway, as a 3 player FFA, it was naturally played on Dante’s Requiem… which we quickly discovered to be the most broken map in the game. Started with 0 RUs but there was a ton of wreckage around that was practically (or literally, for some of them) inside of the flagship that gave us a decent starting income. But… why is there wreckage there in the first place and why didn’t we just start with the normal 1k/3k RUs? Iiit makes no sense!

1 Like

pft -3- i still had my fleet intact so dont give me that, in any case you only took advatage of @JAV1L15 's attack on my mothership

2 Likes

Excuses excuses you should have had a grav well gen up so that I couldn’t have hyperspaced a cruiser and destroyer right on top of it.

1 Like

bleehhhh excuse me princess it got destroyed in the attack on my mother ship that destroyed all but 1 of my resourcers XD

1 Like

I do love how Stuart was complaining about how overpowered Vaygr corvette/fighter swarms were, right before Dechuri just obliterated it with a few missile destroyers and interceptors :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And those carrier snipes were fantastic Dechuri, it would’ve won you the game, it certainly crippled me. If I didnt BC warp on top of your mothership and almost kill it I think you would’ve won…

… who agreed to team with stuart to finish me off? That ended well for you :wink:

2 Likes

Back on topic though, I don’t think Dante’s Requiem is broken so to say, it’s just unusual to start people with 0 resources and make you collect wreckage.

I’m not overly fussed though, just a minor inconvenience

1 Like

well you started it XD you kept harrassing and crippling my mining i wanted to be peaceful but you destroyed my mining 2 times im like NOPE NOW YOU PAY! destroys carriers as pay back
This really reminds me of the old fanfics of the original hiigaran war .3.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind the interjection from a non-participant, the focus on salvaging wreckages reminds me of a behaviour I’ve noticed in Remastered where the game leaves the wreckage where it was when the resource collectors or salvagettes leave them inside the Mothership or carrier, while removing their RUs. Basically if you’ve been collecting wreckage for RUs, and move your construction ships, there will be a pile of empty, unsalvageable wrecks left behind where your hangars were.

I don’t recall Homeworld 2 leaving the wreckage entities on the map like that.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this as well. Most odd.