So far what I think

(Spilled the Paint) #1

this is going to take some getting used to for sure. One thing I do like so far is it’s shows peoples av as a reply. So what are your testing thoughts.

([7-28 | Celestial Harmonia]) #2

I’m impressed with this new engine, and glad that I’m able to help beta test this since I normally can’t handle changes that well.

(Influencer Guy) #3

I hate this place. I’m going back to vB. Later, guys.

(Enemy of Thunder) #4

I’m with 0taku on this one. I was a little sceptical of the engine at first, but I actually quite like it now

EDIT: Joe wasn’t kidding, he’s everywhere on the vB boards right now

(Influencer Guy) #5

I’m telling you guys… in a few days you’ll be trying to “like” posts on vB and highlight to quote. It’s hilarious.

(Enemy of Thunder) #6

@JoeK I know, I’m doing it already. Sidenote, is it still BB Code on here?

(Influencer Guy) #7

Discourse is Markdown native. There are some instances (like, [QUOTE] for example) where there’s additional meta data that is only possible through BB, but overall, no. You shouldn’t need it anyway… at least not in the same way it was used on vB.

(Afro Samurai) #8

This looks cleaner on mobile, just not as familiar.

I will adapt :smile:

(Min/Maxing and Flakker god) #9

Horses mouth, I agree save us from this stupidity.
I Blame Jeff and you.

I refuse to use the @ symbol for anything but email.

(Min/Maxing and Flakker god) #10

I waited 3 hours for it to load on my phone, still won’t load.

(Influencer Guy) #11

You’ll come to the dark side of the “@”. They always do… The soft cushion of convenience is too much for them to resist… You look tired from all that typing, @Blutfatal… very tired…

(Min/Maxing and Flakker god) #12

I bing search my own name 17 times a day as it is.
I don’t need the @.

(Afro Samurai) #13

…Bing?

Why?

(Maxx Ammo) #14

PROS: Very clean look. Very fast to load for me. Many great new features.

CON: Seems to lend itself better to Tweet style “short & sweet” comments or posts.

It’s great users can upload photos and it’s easier to embed media in a post.

Also it seems so much valuable info & posts will be lost as older forums are moth-balled. An example is when your looking for a tip to beat a boss or get a mission done - you’ll have ask for that info instead of search older posts for it.

(Afro Samurai) #15

What phone and what OS?

(Min/Maxing and Flakker god) #16

Because free MS points and ■■■■ google.

(Min/Maxing and Flakker god) #17

T9292 and windows 7 mango

(Spilled the Paint) #18

Has a lot of features for sure, not very user friendly, not easy to find threads, hate that it’s one long running thread and not paged.

(Scourge of the High Seas) #19

At the moment I prefer the old board, but that’s probably just instinctive resistance to change. Probably won’t matter much for a serial lurker like myself, truth be told.

(Afro Samurai) #20

You should wait until they update to potato.