So, it’s established fact that every time gearbox adds a big loot farming event/mini-event they follow it up with some way to push players to get rid of whatever they’ve just looted, because gearbox seems to like trolling players, I guess.
Given that they’ve stated that 72 is the “final level cap”, the only way they can do this - other than just ignoring that and upping the level cap anyway, which I wouldn’t rule out tbh - is to raise the mayhem level cap instead. By adding more mayhem levels, with more weapon levels to correspond, the new best gear in the game will no longer be level 72 m10.
It might seem unlikely, but honestly, given their behavior thus far, this is my prediction.
What do you think the surprise is gonna be?
- They’ll probably raise the level cap
- They’ll probably raise the mayhem level max
- They’ll probably raise both
- They’ll probably do neither
- A new takedown
- The last vault card (earlier than expected)
- A new raid boss
- A new standalone paid DLC (story based)
- A third season pass
- A new cosmetic pack DLC (final forms or something else)
- Free stuff (gold/diamond key giveaway and/or free weapons or gear mailed to players)
- Something wonderlands based (a new trailer or something)
- Pearlescent gear
- Other (comment below)
Thanks in advance.