So I'm getting my Axton to OP8 then

Yeah Knuckledragger will always drop that white pistol (and a bunch of money). Always. The Hornet has that standard 10% chance of being an extra drop. I think most enemies who have a designated rare drop assigned to them work this way. Like how Flynt will almost always drop a Tinderbox, but the T-ball Fists have a 10% chance of being an extra drop. Though there are some weird exceptions of course, like how the game decides to drop a Cobra from one of Pete’s burners (can’t think of others right off the top of my head.)

3 Likes

Get yourself a decent AR- it has the largest ammo pool of any weapon and Axton has skills & class mods that helps AR’s IIRC…

3 Likes

Of all the superstitious things people do that they think will increase the quality of drops, wearing this relic, is the only legit thing that I know of that will. That video explains it well, I think.

The thing about the relic is - those dice are only rolled upon the death of the critter. You can wear whatever relic you want until the enemy is within a shot of death, swap in the relic, finish the boss, and get the boost if you’re so inclined.

3 Likes

Don’t get me mixed up, I wear it myself until I get something worth wearing. The post I was referring to, as well as the video, states that it has no effect on assigned drops, such as the B!tch or Sham from BNK3R, and therefore I would think not the Hornet from Knuckledragger either. The effect it has is on the world drop chance by lowering the chance of getting whites, at least I think that’s close to what the video says.

2 Likes

I know fire DOT’s vs. corrosion DOT’s don’t work as well in Peak but I could sworn that I played COOP w/ somebody once and they tossed a bunch of Fire Bee’s onto the Black Queen’s…and it tore them up pretty good. Strictly on the Queens is fire a better option?

The problem with the Peak is trying to remember which enemies are neutral and which are weak to a particular element.

Humans and skags are neutral ; robots are weak to corrosive except on their eye crit (neutral) ; and spiderants? Depends on what kind.

To answer the Black Queens : fire is actually best…except on the crit (neutral).

On the other hand, you’re in for a bad time if you’re not going for crits with them. Which is why people just recommend corrosive : it works consistently well enough that you don’t have to swap elements.

4 Likes

Thanks.

Standard bandits (marauders) are actually insane in peak, up there with most annoying enemies. Can’t rush them down anymore like I’ve always loved, gotta do snipe style or be killed.

1 Like

They truly are. It took me a long time to realize I was grossly underestimating them. They have increased health compared with off-Peak (around 30% more). That’s the other thing : random enemies have increased health.

3 Likes

Well I made it to OP6 finally! Much credit went to this amazing Infinity pistol that a Doc Mercy dropped, actually I’m not sure I would have been able to do it without it. Zoomed in the pistol is bad I noticed, however I really shouldn’t complain.

I heard OP6 was when it got really tough so I was ready to stop here, however massive spider tank dropped amazing hyperion weaponry, including hyp slag shotty (one of very best weapons in game imo), so maybe I will be able to do it!

4 Likes

I’d like to refute that, sadly I didn’t take any footage, but i’ve definitely had nothing from KD. Now I will concede it’s possible it fell through the floor, but i’ve definitely had runs where he doesn’t seem to drop any weapons at all.

2 Likes

double saturns next.

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Time for me to hit up the youtube playthrough once again :relieved:

2 Likes

The ammo box just above the edge where you can peek over into the lower area is where I crouch. A Bee is pretty much mandatory to do enough damage- your weapon comes into play as well since you might need to be closer to the edge (and therefore more likely to get hit) using a SMG than say a SR or pistol. I usually just go InfiniBee with everyone- long and boring method but you’ll survive…

2 Likes

My usual method for Maya is Beehawking from near the vending machines. It’s effective and doesn’t take all that long.

1 Like

Aha Dukinos mom can’t be slagged… Yeah I think it’s quest reset time

And yeah probably I’ll have to get bee shield thingy also

Waiiiitaminit… I left Finks Slaughterhouse 5 unfinished, I might be able to take her with the hail :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh wait, apparently I have to fight a massive Constructor at the end of OP6, yeah reset and lady fist I think

Not a Constructor. You fight Dukino’s Mom at OP6 onwards, OMGWTH from OP5 onwards. Saturn at OP7, 2 Saturns at OP8

3 Likes

Thanks. But you fight a huge Constructor at end of OP6 also, according to that guys guide here.

1 Like