So I'm getting my Axton to OP8 then

Yeah thanks, I been watching some runs on YouTube also for a heads-up.

Some Japanese guy on there did it with Zero, I think he had the Law & Order melee build? Heh didn’t think I’d chuckle so much at Borderlands dialogue in Japanese, it was entertaining.

5 Likes

Corrosive gwens head? Sounds like it will take just as much time to farm one of those tbh.

Actually I don’t think I’ve ever got one, or fire, ever. Just normal and shock.

Yeah so Saturn comes along at op7? He’s probably my most hated boss in this game tbh, maybe I’ll just quit with Axton at that point.

In the (probably quite far lol) future maybe I might do up to OP8 with Zero and/or Gaige and/or Sal maybe.

Doesn’t the Hornet get grenade splash damage boost from some of Axton’s skills? If it does it might be a way to go…

1 Like

Elemental Gwen’s Heads are great guns. In my experience they spawn NE more than elemental, but it’s an easy farm, even if it is a bit repetitive. I’ve had several corrosive, and they are monsters. If the Hornet didn’t exist I think you’d hear about them pretty often.

Yes. Yes it does. And it is a monster in Axton’s hands.

@IceCat763
Saturn deserves all of the cheese. Many of us do the Beehawk (which Axton does very well anyway) from up by the vending machine, but you can throw a Bee on any gun for a substantial boost and that spot has good cover. I think Saturn might be splash resistant, so Axton’s grenade boosts may be irrelevant for that encounter.

3 Likes

I already farm the hornet every couple of levels. The Lady Fist is simply far too useful for Axton to go without, though tbh OP3 seems to have been the Constructor stage. If not many more of them then maybe yeah I can go without.

1 Like

That is totally messed up

1 Like

It is. Even more so when you realize there are no crit spots either. That’s why it gets all of the cheese.

4 Likes

I disagree that it’s too useful to do without. The only time I ever use one in the Peak is vs. Dukino’s Mom. Hornet is much more useful, generally.

3 Likes

The Lady fist is a beast when you have a somewhat easy crit spot to aim it at. So no use against Saturn and not at it’s best vs small and fast targets.
The Hornet is effectively much more versatile, especially with the right skills/build on Axton.

3 Likes

Just generally not as useful as other things, unless the enemy is almost static with the crit spot visible (Dukino’s Mom), you’re better off just using anything else. Without the crit bonus it’s just an average Hyperion pistol. The only other use for it (generally, i’m not saying it’s terrible by any means, don’t get me wrong) is to give Salvador’s off-hand that same crit bonus. For example vs the Dragons.

4 Likes

I rarely used it (never?) without a Bee…

3 Likes

Yeah, Bee + Corrosive Lady Fist vs Dukino’s Mom is my favoured way of dealing with her on everyone apart from Sal.

3 Likes

I’ve done it with a corrosive InfiniBee with everyone except Sal and Krieg- but then again, I’m a bit nuts so… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Beefisting is generally the only context (besides Sal, but he’s a totally different context in general) in which I use a Ladyfist, and in that context the level of the Bee is what matters rather than the Ladyfist. Using the InfiniBee setup would work just as well on Saturn because of the lack of crit spots and decent cover by the vending machine, but finding something with unlisted pellets (Sandhawk, Lyuda, Pimpernel, anything you can think of/find) elevates the Bee to its bestest.

3 Likes

Yes, Saturn deserves all the cheese you can throw at him. Just wait til you do a Peak run while set at OP8, and you get to fight two of them at once. :smiley:

A few random tips: Dukino’s Mom will devastate you if one of her shock balls hits you. Have something on hand that can heal you quickly.

When you get to the point OMGWTH spawns at the end as the final boss (I think starting on the OP4 or OP5 run, I forget which), DON’T try to tank him! He’ll eat you for lunch. Use the building in the middle and play peekaboo with him, and be patient. Hug the building’s sides when he launches missiles. And be very wary: he moves very quickly for a giant metal spider thing.

2 Likes

Sal needs lots of iron in his diet (due to years of steroid abuse). :smile:

2 Likes

The Lady Fist is incredible against Constructors of course, I didn’t even have a corrosive one and still wreck them. Also spiderants, while they are distracted by Turrets I flank them and unload with the fist, and lastly yeah the 4 assassins, it’s either the fist or rockets I’m taking them down with.

I say it’s excellent with Axton as his class mod has a good fire rate boost and also Duty Call, which I’m a fan of

1 Like

The key to Axton solo is Double-Up and Gemini. Space them out a bit so baddies like Dukino’s Mom, Saturn’s, and OMGWTH cannot take both out fast. Keep your distance and they will focus on the turrets while you can unload numerous solid rounds.

Use a Moxxi weapon (Grog or Rubi) w/ either Chain Lightning or Storm Front for quick health.

The best weapons I have used w/ Axton (w/ the Bee of course) are:

1. Bekah (if you are lucky enough to find) - this thing is a beast!
  2. Pimpernel (Corrosive or Slag)
  3. Sandhawk (Corrosive)
  4. Hornet

Finally when you battle the Assassins don’t wear the Bee because when all 4 spawn immediately you are going to get hit early/often. Switch to a beefy shield like Antagonist or Blockade and equip the DPUH. Your top priorities are Reeth (to the right) and then Rouf. Quasar grenade to help w/ grouping (and healing w/ Moxxi gun) them up when turrets are down really helps too.

Good luck, Axton was my 1st thru the Peak and I started getting pummeled by Assassins around OP5…that’s when I dumped the Bee in that area. It’s tough but awesome as well!

4 Likes

I love peanuts too but I’d rather have a thick juicy T-bone.

3 Likes