So WHY do skulls come from hearts sometimes? (video)

Have had this happen a few times, perhaps one time every 25 hearts.
What possible Lore-based reason would there be for Halloween skulls to appear from Valentine hearts? Huh? Huh? Huh?
Demanding logic from inconsistent lore!
–RoA

1 Like

In case you’re not kidding . . .

The hearts are “error” hearts, I can’t remember their specific name. They summon something from a previous event when destroyed (in this case, the Halloween event). Really this just lets you potentially get the Halloween event drops during this event.

2 Likes

If you read the name of the hearts that do it it’s something akin to “wrongholiday#####”. They have unique art

so yea it’s part of the holiday, they have a chance to drop all Halloween legendaries so it’s a way to get them at Max level.

4 Likes

The lil buggers gave me a lvl 53 Ghast Call, they can show up all they want :smile:

5 Likes

Today I enjoyed watching the skulls from my Ghast call chase down and catch a loot skull from one of those haunted relationship hearts. Pretty fun thing, tbh! Also, it looks like those loot skulls may have a higher chance of dropping anointed loot?

1 Like

I got a Fearmonger shotty from one so I’m not complaining.

1 Like

Got a Scream of Terror shield. I think it’s neat we can potentially get the Halloween gear.

1 Like

These are one my favorite things from the event. Wish I saw them more often.