So, will we never see other Skill trees?

We won’t probably see new Vault hunters for BL3. I’ve seen the trailer for the 4rth DLC and it is awesome, but i was hoping that Gearbox would have at least shown the 4rth Skill tree, even because of the level cap increase to 65.

So if we won’t see new skill trees, i think is not a right move increasing the number of skill points. Right now there aren’t so much options for character builds, so adding more points would decrease the build variety and the weight of every point spent. I fear that this choice has been made to lower the difficulty of mayhem mode and modifiers and to make players waste more time to farm gear again. At least i hope we will see this new skill trees soon.

1 Like

The new icons and names for the action skills were discovered like 3-4 months ago.
I don’t know what they are waiting for to release them.

2 Likes

maybe in 3 hours we’ll see them in the borderlands show

2 Likes

Probably the krieg dlc because of the icons bright colours

1 Like

A level cap is introduced independently of a DLC, since it would be available to all players. Any new skills would be the same - as were previous level cap increases and the addition of new Guardian Rank perks. So that’s not a detail I’d expect to see in something specifically boosting the DLC. As someone else posted, maybe wait for the next Borderlands Show? Updates to the main game are more likely to be promo’d there than a DLC trailer.

2 Likes

They didn’t show new guns, coms, grenades, skins, etc in the trailer either, all
of which are guaranteed to be in DLC4. They didn’t even show gameplay with any player level at the bottom.

Chances are a lot more is going to be revealed today at 1pm PST.

2 Likes

I vehemently disagree about the skill points and build diversity. Even at level 65, that barely hits half the possible points available in the three trees we have now. There’s plenty of room for diversity, everyone just seems to gravitate to the same skills. I have zero interest in fourth trees without a bump to at least 80 points, whether that would entail a level increase, or giving skill point SDUs as they did in previous games. That’s just my two cents, though.

1 Like

well the show was a huge dissapointment.
Seems like we’ll wait a long time before seing the 4th tree (even though it’s already in game files xD)

2 Likes

Yeah they kinda overhyped it. I was looking forward to news about 4th skill trees, year 2 content, the door… Something major. Instead, they went over information which was already released earlier today :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

BrEaKinG NeWS
“level cap increase”
xD

2 Likes

Yeah that episode was hot garbage imo they over hyped it way to much.

4 Likes

Maybe, and that’s a huge maybe,
they wanted to make the surprise at gamescom, we already know the game will be there.
If the 4th tree was to come soon, it would be shown there.

2 Likes

That is what I think. There is barely a bigger stage at this time. I mean its IGN and Gamescom, so they could get many players back into the game by such an announcement. Also, new skill trees would make this DLC pretty much the most impactful piece of DLC in the franchise and the most worthwile as well, which could lead to a meaningful influx of new players too and would also sell the DLC as a singular product too.

2 Likes

I’m not supprised by this even the slightest. Borderland’s official channels is treated like second class citizen. News hits theae forums well after youtubers and twitter/facebook w/e publish it. IGN and gamescom is bigger than Bordercast. Creates more waves and PR. What happened to loyalty to the people who actually cares?

Being loyal to a few 1000 people (tops) doesn’t sell as well as using those massive platforms. The Bordercast itself, as I watched it today and as far as I have seen it, never went beyond or even close to 2000 viewers, while IGN easily finds 100k and more people watching in just a few days if not hours.

And let’s be honest here: These forums are pretty small, to a point where many other studios would probably have shut them down already instead of dedicating a small team to it (and additionally actively looking for mods that do that job or free). Overall the communication is pretty solid, it’s just not as if Gearbox gave us their scripts right after airing a show (although that would solve that problem pretty handily). We live in times where forums like this one have largely become obsolete, which makes me all the more grateful to be a part of this for now over 7 years.

Edit: I just saw that my first post has been removed. I guess leaks aren’t received too well at the moment. I get it, but you better let the surprise be worth it, Gearbox :wink:

4 Likes