Soldier Shield Lvl 65 M11 no anoint?

Just unlocked the soldier shield using 5 keys. I would have expected an anointed item for the work the I’ve put into getting it. But no, no anoint.
Is that intentional or another oversight like with the RYNAH?
Does anyone have the shield with an anoint?
I hope this is a bug because without anoint the shield is barely worth the effort, simply because any anointed shield would give me a buff for my build. This one would only lock a slot.

1 Like

Shield. No annoint.
Agreed. It is disappointing that items in this game can drop without annoints when the whole game direction is to go for annoint builds.

I have to say I am overall quite disappointed.
Now we can reroll anoints, but the reason we wanted to do this is basically gone: Doing more raids and takedowns. We did those things to get better rolls and anoints. Now the second reason is gone and with the miniscule drop rates for interesting gear those things are simply not worth the time anymore.
And spending time on Vaultcards for mediocre gear? Why exactly? What would I need that gear for anyway? There is little point in doing anything after completing the story anymore. I do not understand what gearbox thought they were doing here.
They actually reduced the endgame content with this DLC instead of adding to it.
I do hope they re-balance the whole system soon.

1 Like

Apparently, when you’re able to purchase another one, it can spawn with anointments. For whatever reason they decided to have the first of each piece of gear be anoint-less.

1 Like

Where’s the facepalm emote? :wink:

1 Like

Can confirm, after purchasing the first time an option to reroll stats is available. Upon paying the 5 keys for this i got a second shield but this time annointed.

All those card items you have to buy it twice for an anoint.